SPL Season 2010-2011 **Spoilers** (Read the Rules Before Posting) - Please read new additions to ru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
hmm a boiled egg soft or hard is still a boiled egg, same with the penalty people talking about Lee McCulloch what about Stokes assault pn Papac in the opening minutes. Straight red if ever I've seen.

Soldato
hmm a boiled egg soft or hard is still a boiled egg, same with the penalty people talking about Lee McCulloch what about Stokes assault pn Papac in the opening minutes. Straight red if ever I've seen.

Stokes is a player who does this a lot, seeing the challenge again it was certainly a straight red, no attempt to go for the ball...simply looking to take a fellow professional out of the game, sickening :(

Great performance from the Gers, simply a bit too easy at times in all honesty, never really troubled and everything was fairly routine.

What was obvious though is that Lennon didn't have a clue what to do when his side went behind, also we did see the 'Derry Pele' up against a quality side, didn't do anything did he? :p

13 games unbeaten in all competitions, 9 in a row in the league so far, doing well in Europe, can't really complain ;)

Could have the makings of a memorable season for The Rangers :D

Soldato
As a Dundee fan I enjoy being a complete neutral for the Old Firm matches. A couple of things stand out for me just now. The first being that Rangers outplayed Celtic today. Celtic didn't really deserve to be ahead at the break and Rangers deserved the win. Secondly I'd be worried as a Celtic fan that Lennon has yet to win a single important game. He beat Rangers last year when the league was already over and although their record in the SPL is excellent they went out to County in the cup and they failed miserably in Europe this year. Beating mediocre SPL opposition won't cut it.

Associate
Stokes is a player who does this a lot, seeing the challenge again it was certainly a straight red, no attempt to go for the ball...simply looking to take a fellow professional out of the game, sickening :(

Great performance from the Gers, simply a bit too easy at times in all honesty, never really troubled and everything was fairly routine.

What was obvious though is that Lennon didn't have a clue what to do when his side went behind, also we did see the 'Derry Pele' up against a quality side, didn't do anything did he? :p

13 games unbeaten in all competitions, 9 in a row in the league so far, doing well in Europe, can't really complain ;)

Naismith has been outstanding. My only concern is that if he keeps it up a richer team will come in for him.

Wenger saw something in him 4 years ago, so much so he went there on a trial. I think we`re now beginning to see the quality of the lad.

After the departure of Novo, Naisy is my new object of affection.

Soldato

Having now watched the brief highlights on the BBC got to agree. Only reason I think he stayed on was that it was so early in the game. McCulloch on the other hand got the ball first so surprised at his yellow so might've been due to previous challenges. Samaras should watch himself though he should've been off at his little kick at McGregor and some of his challenges. Assistant ref should've told the ref about the dive for penalty if the ref's back was to the incident.

Pretty much sums it up even after all the various ref decisions Celtic just weren't good enough and need to try a lot harder against Rangers.

Last edited:
Associate
Aberdeen are in terminal decline I fear :(

Having watched McGhee's bizarre interview on Friday i might have agreed with you. He sounded like he was losing the plot. The gist of it was he had too many injuries and was to be judged when they began clearing up as they were for the Hibs game.

If i`m being honest, i was glad they won and proved McGhee was correct to blame injuries.

It`ll be interesting to see how they move on from here.

Soldato
The precedent was set 3 or so weeks ago at Pittodrie when McGregor was retrospecitively given a red card for kicking out at McGuire.

Over to you SFA.

Confirmed by the SFA on SkySports that he will face no retrospective action....

Rules for one, another set for others :rolleyes:

Why doesn't it surprise me?!

Soldato
Why?

He's a decent manager, but he's not anything special.

Craig Brown had a better record as Scotland manager than him, he failed badly in England etc.

Its not particularly hard to win a two team league.

Well if you look at what he has clearly achieved in Europe over the passed few seasons, and bringing us back to life from the dreadfull Paul le Guen era without spending a penny for over 2 seasons, not to mention walters first term in charge. Then yes i do think he should be Sir Walter Smith.

Associate
Why?

He's a decent manager, but he's not anything special.

Craig Brown had a better record as Scotland manager than him, he failed badly in England etc.

Its not particularly hard to win a two team league.

As it stand hes taken a club with no money to two league titles and a european final but as you said " he's not anthing special" aye right.

Nor

Nor

Associate
As it stand hes taken a club with no money to two league titles and a european final but as you said " he's not anthing special" aye right.

I think Walter Smith is a very good Scottish manager. He spent £25m or thereabouts assembling this current Rangers team though, so there's some artistic licence in the argument that he had no money. There's no argument that he has done very well mind you, keeping his team together and getting them to play above themselves, even if it did involve the much maligned 'anti-football'.

What I think will stop Smith being lauded is his decision to quit as Scottish national team manager half way through the Euro qualifiers to join Rangers. We were in an amazing position to make our first finals in a decade when he quit. He was perfectly entitled to do what he did, it's his team he wanted to help, but to laud him as some sort of saviour of Scottish football when he quit Scotland half-way through the campaign doesn't seem right.

There is no denying that he is an extremely effective SPL manager though. One of the best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom