Xonar DG for music creation

Permabanned
I have another thread open although I dont think I explained it very well.

I'm thinking of purchasing the Xonar DG in combination with the T20's. This will be used for music creation in Reason, as you can see I'm on a budget and hoping this will give me a boost over my current very cheap 2.1 setup and onboard sound.

Would the Xonar DG and T20's be a good choice or is there something better out there?

Thanks

Soldato
If your looking to get into music production then you might want to consider a soundcard with a MIDI input. M-Audio make some excellent cards for music production which might be worth looking at. The T20's are great speakers but not sure about using them for music production as they would 'colour the sound' so to speak, whereas with speakers your using for music production you want to use monitors that don't enhance or colour the sound you are hearing. That said the T20's would do fine for starting off ;)

Permabanned
OP
Well this is for a friend, he currently uses a very cheap 2.1 setup and has a max budget of £100 for some speakers and an upgrade from the onboard sound.

I agree having a MIDI input would be beneficial and I'll let him know and see if his budget can stretch. Any reccomendations?

Back
Top Bottom