I hate the Clio.

Soldato
I'd forgotten about the learner driver obsession with how the controls work (especially the clutch pedal) at the expense of everything else about a car.

Get a couple of years experience and drive a few different vehicles you'll be able to jump in anything and just drive it. I've got no worries jumping between the work transit, random hire cars or my car.

Associate
I know exacly how you feel, we have a Clio pool car at work and its awful.
The gearstick feels very loose and vague and moves when you accelerate, the brakes are awful, the streering is so random with how much to turn in a corner, the seats squeek, the keyless card doesn't get detected by the car randomly meaning you have to put it in the slot, the radio is awful...could go on. I really hate driving it, don't feel confident in it at all.
Its a 58 1.5dci dynamique s 20k miles and feels like its done 80k! :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
When i learnt to drive I experienced the same thing only with the Fiesta Mk 4 and the previous shape clio.

started out learning to drive in the mk 4 fiesta and did like the feel when driving just everything felt nice.

instructor decided to buy a new clio at the time and i just hated everything about it, streeting wheel was to flat, pedal's was to small, absolute not leg room in back when i was being driving back home.

Never owned a fiesta but would definately have one over a clio any day

Soldato
I think I like French cars more than Germans, at work recently I switched from a 2010 VW transporter with about 9k km on the clock to a brand new Renault Trafic 2010 with less than 200 km on the clock still and I think the Renault is far superior: More comfy ( seats far more comfy and have an armrest, and softer suspension) and easier to drive, the pedals feel better (especially the clutch and brake, less sensitive than in the VW and more feedback) and the view is far better ( better window and mirror placement, in the VW one beam actually blocks me from seeing one of the bind mirrors, so easier/less stressful to drive).

Associate
The newest model Fiesta is an exceptionally good little car too. The little 1.25 I had as a courtesy car for a week recently was suprisingly the most fun I have had in a road car for quite some time!

Sadly as you will find out - not all cars are so good!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I had a lesson in a Mk2 Micra. I remember, when I pressed the brake, the pedals were so small and close together that my foot pressed the accelerator down at the same time. It scared me. A lot.

And I don't even have big feet :eek:

Back
Top Bottom