Help needed for poor performing Samsung f4 2Tb

Associate
Just purchased this drive and not sure its running great. The crystal disk mark scores are much lower than the HDtune. Ive ran these tests mutiple times and in safe mode and the same values keep coming up.

The initial speeds for the drive is very slow, something which I have never encountered.Is it anything to do with the spike near the beginning in the HDtune bench and whats with the very scattered access times. I own 4 other samsung drives (F1 and F3 1TB's) and none of them behave like this in HDtune or Crystaldisk. Is this normal?

21october20102115.png

benchh.png

Ive also included my F3 1TB drive for comparison. The scores seem way too low compared to other peoples benchmarks. The first 200GB seems very slow and was expecteding initial read values of around 130 MB/s in Crysaldisl and Everest

bench2.png

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I need to decide if this goes back and desperate to sort out my HD configurations.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think there's anything wrong with your drive. Your 1TB drive is a 7200k RPM performance drive and your 2TB drive is a ~5400k RPM EcoGreen drive. I'd relegate them both to storage and buy a SSD :)

If the 2TB drive is making windows stutter, I'd run the manufacturer long drive fitness test.

Associate
OP
Yeah, im aware its a 5400 rpm drive, but most benchmarks and reviews put the performance pretty high.

The drive in question doesnt have the OS on and is completely empty with just one partition. All of the benches since have got worse. The 3 other drives in my system dont spike like these and I cant think why my computer would be accessing the 2TB F4 to cause it. Is it usual for slower drives to behave this way

22october20101113.png

These are very different to what other users are getting and also in relation to my other Samsung drives. Even my OS drive looks smooth and im pretty certain its not my computer causing it.

edit: It got worse :( only drive doing it

Last edited:
Associate
I wish mine performed like this. Here's a screenshot:

24-October-2010_11-36%20F4.png

I've struggled for a week with no result (google to find the thread in anandtech forums). I'll most likely return it.

Back
Top Bottom