Usage of the word "gay"

Man of Honour
I imagine that using the word 'gay' will probably be frowned upon in 50 years.

It's amazing to think how the meaning of words change - the big C word used to be affectionate in times long passed, now it's pretty much the worst word you can say.

Permabanned
Neither is being gay. So why use it as a derogatory term?

Unless you're one of the backwards-thinking mongoloids who believe homosexuality to be wrong. In which case, I sincerely pity you.

Babies don't come out of men's arses - so why put your dick in there?

There's nothing backwards about it, gay is illogical.

Associate
Imagine when happy people were like "oh I'm so gay" then some people assume they're homosexual...that must've been a bad day for them.

Soldato

There's nothing backwards about it, gay is illogical.

Pathetic argument, really. Not only that, but using logic as an excuse is flawed. Logic can be used to justify any opinion.

For one, sexuality isn't wholly related to the act of procreation. Furthermore, sexuality is linked to genes.

Soldato
Using "gay" to mean bad or rubbish doesn't offend me in the slightest. I have far more significant things to be offended by than a word that isn't used with the desire to offend. For me the word itself is meaningless, it's purely the intention that counts.
Because I like it? What's wrong with that? You might like Marmite but I don't think you are "wrong" because I don't.

Back
Top Bottom