Dieing...and Facebook!

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
A girl at sixth form died and her page was turned into a memorial by facebook, seems to be some sort of setting they can enable. Or so I was told... on a quick look it appears to be a normal page. hrrm.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've an envelope in my room containing all my online dealings which is to be opened if and when I die, it covers everything from usernames and passwords through to messages to be left on certain sites.

For example, there's a message to be left on the pc games section here (where I would hope to be just slightly missed) and there's instructions that my Steam account is to be auctioned off with my computer for charity (after the computer has been properly wiped, again instructions for this are in the envelope).

My family know it's there and they think it's weird but I think it's required and everyone should have one just in case considering so much of our lives are contained online behind usernames and passwords these days.

Soldato
I've an envelope in my room containing all my online dealings which is to be opened if and when I die, it covers everything from usernames and passwords through to messages to be left on certain sites.

For example, there's a message to be left on the pc games section here (where I would hope to be just slightly missed) and there's instructions that my Steam account is to be auctioned off with my computer for charity (after the computer has been properly wiped, again instructions for this are in the envelope).

My family know it's there and they think it's weird but I think it's required and everyone should have one just in case considering so much of our lives are contained online behind usernames and passwords these days.

Does seem abit weird at 23... but at least your prepared!

Caporegime
there was a British girl recently, who was murdered by a predatory peadophile who had groomed her thru FB, her FB page was kept online after her murder, & got trolled by the kind of bottom feeders who get there jollies doing that kind of thing.

FB repeatedly refused to remove the murdered girls page until the British police, contacted the US embassy in London, asking them to intervene on behalf of the dead girls mother, and have the FB page removed.

I really don't understand companies like that. Why on earth would they not delete it in the first place?

There's actually no excuse at all. :/

Associate
FB should have some kind of a graveyard mode facility for dead members...a part of the site that a living person would feel creepy to visit at,say, midnight...my 2 cent on the subject!

Soldato

So you either update the letter often, or you never change your passwords! :eek:

Capodecina
Soldato
ironydemot.jpg

Don
I've been meaning to do this for a while now, seems a good idea especially with things like online banking and so on that keeping track of it all after your death without a decent paper trail would seem a bit tricky.

Capodecina
Soldato
I've been meaning to do this for a while now, seems a good idea especially with things like online banking and so on that keeping track of it all after your death without a decent paper trail would seem a bit tricky.

There should be a website where you can keep these details. I had an idea for that a while back. Also it would be updated with a profile of your life/death status for people who hadn't spoken to you for a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom