Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Does anyone know of any apps for limiting 3G/Wifi speeds?

For example i might want to limit download speeds to 50kbps to avoid eating all the bandwidth at work.

Caporegime
Here's a little something for all of us who are still on 2.1:

Youtube 2.2 App ported to 2.1:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=817526

Known bugs: If you log into your account, then on the next start of the app will Force Close. (If you don't log in, then the app works without problems)
Solution: Delete cache/data files in Settings/Applications/YouTube
If you really want to use your account: Make sure you sign out before quitting the application, so that you won't get any FC.

And the market 2.2 app ported to 2.1:

http://android.modaco.com/content/software/319798/updated-2-2-style-market-for-android-2-1/

Enjoy! :cool:

EDIT:

Here are some screenshots of it running on my samsung spica i5700 2.1 (rooted and on Samdroid turbo FE 9 beta 1):

Youtube 2.2 app:

a2gk09.png

vde3df.png

Market 2.2 App:

29osrom.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone able to play voice notes received via Pingchat? when I try to play any, the media player opens and says 'file type type not recognised (amr)'.

I'm using an HTC Hero, and the sender is using an iPhone 4 by the way.

Soldato
Just applied this update, and it threw a fit at first, but seems ok now. Saw it first plastered all over facebook, virtually demanding i update FB now. Soon as its like the "cough" iphone version, ill be happy

Associate
im a newbie who needs help, my first android phone (desire hd)
i have some files on the PC, which i would like to transfer to my phone and the SD card.
ive tried using htc sync, but cant for the life of me work it out!
i downloaded an app called astro. from which i can tell, is an app which lets you manage the phone+sd card.
but i aint got a clue how to transfer files to the phone!
can someone shed some light on this.
ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom