£££ Rockband- Unofficial thread £££

Soldato
Anyone been playing the pro-drums? :D

It's great fun but it confused my brain too much!! On Teir 3 and above songs)

Yeah look on the expert pro drum leaderboards for

WillMase

thats me :p i've got like second place and first place on a few megadeth songs :D

BUT MY ****ING ION DRUM PEDAL BROKE TONIGHT!!!!

MAJOR RAGE!

the day I buy rock band 3 I've played about 12 songs, and the pedal breaks! :(((((

Associate
Iv just put a order in for the Pro drums with express delivery came to £108, will be with me by 1pm tomorrow :)

Going to get a few mates over at the weekend and get a full band going hopefully as i allready have the keyboard, I really regret selling my ION kit now oh well..

Soldato
I'm getting more used to the UI now and getting better scores (Re-calibrated and it's slightly better this time around...)

Got a few top 10 scores on Drums :D

Soldato
You still using the ION stock pedal?

I have a spare if your interested? I got the Rock Pedal before I got my ION's

Hi mate,

Nah I e-mailed the people I bought it off and they're sending me a replacement free of charge.

Out of interest, How much was the Rock Pedal? Including shipping and import tax, because I'm interested in getting one.

Soldato
Will double check but it was in the region of £100 quid after customs charges :o

Works very well though. In theory you can make one using a pedal and a couple of bits from an electrical store, "slinky" certainly did although his brother drums so he had a spare pedal to play with :)

Soldato
Song out of Rock Band Network called
"Sending Signals"

100% Guitar FC 1st place by 20000 points woo :D:D:D

this is the song, not me playing though.

Soldato
Song out of Rock Band Network called
"Sending Signals"

100% Guitar FC 1st place by 20000 points woo :D:D:D

this is the song, not me playing though.

Associate
Anyone been playing the pro-drums? :D

It's great fun but it confused my brain too much!! On Teir 3 and above songs)

i have but only really comfortable with non rb3 songs using 3 cymbal pro mode atm and thats only through familiarity through using the cymbals in rb2 for so long.

have to say that the cymbal icons are freaking me out a bit (i'd never got on with GH's gems), having niggling problems with doing something as trivial as gimme shelter FC (which i could do on rb2 with cymbals) as stuff i thought was hithat+snare, isnt and im having to adjust and breaks my rhythm then i spaz out some.

i do like the fact that everything (including WGFA, the song i brought RB for in the first place, yay!) is pro drum compatible.

i ditched the trusty ION kit i got on release, well, the bits are sitting in a cupboard somewhere and using the module till i can get a midi pro to use (i want my hihat functionality in pro mode!) and been using my e-kit since: http://img440.imageshack.us/i/photoxs.jpg/

i want to (and probably will) pick up the fender squire and try to learn pro guitar. anyone whos played with me on expert guitar knows i suck hard at it so it'll be a nice, frustraty, learning experience! :)

Associate
i went with all pintech TC cymabals (10" for the HH and 14" for ride/crash) for mine and stuck some drum silencers on there.

btw, if you have the ion kit and if you havent already, open the pads and replace that crappy flimsy layer of foam inside it with some nice drum silencers, much better feel and more durable.

i have two ion cymbals somewhere which arent being used, though i could probably use one of them to supplement my kit with a 2nd crash but i dont have enough cymbal arms handy. i almost have enough kit to build a spare ion kit heh.

Associate
http://www.pintech.biz --they were around £45 for a TC14 when i brought them a year back no idea what they're going for now. they dont have an online shop but call them and the nice bloke there who will take details and email you and it'll be done over paypal, they arent seemingly sold anywhere else in the UK that i found.

the drum silencers i got from "the bay", you can either measure the foam yourself and get it cut to spec depending on sell, or there should be a specific size that will match what you got. what size are the pads again, 8"?

its been a while so i forget :)

Back
Top Bottom