• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Radeon HD 5700 (DVI Ports have died on me)

Associate
Hi all

Anyone had any problems with DVI Ports crapping out? I have a ATI Radeon HD 5700 and until today I was running duel monitors via the 2 DVI ports on the back.

This afternoon one of the screens started to flicker when I was on Youtube so I went into catalist control panel and ended up changing the primary monitor around. This coursed the flicker to move to the other monitor.

I them disconnected the flickering monitor and plugged it back in 20 minutes latter, at this point I lost both screens and the only way I could get them back was by disconnecting both DVI cables and running a new HDMI cable to one of my monitors.

So now I can only get one monitor to work via the HDMI cable, what ever I do the DVI ports refuse to work.... I have changed out the DVI cables with working Kit I have and also tried both monitors via DVI cables with a second PC I have up and running.

Any Ideas??

My Card info:

Card.png

Am running Win7 x64

PS. Also re-installed the drivers I was running (this is a new Win7 Build) and did a complete power off, reseat GPU Card and blown out all the dust as well from inside the PC case (been over sea's with the MOD for a few months so it was pretty poor)!!

Soldato
This not an uncommon problem with the HD5770's I'm afraid there's been at least two other threads where this has been reported and one of the DVI ports has died on my 5770 to. The only thing I can suggest is you return the card back to the manufacturer and get a replacement all these cards come with a two year warranty (guaranteed by EU law).

Associate
OP
This not an uncommon problem with the HD5770's I'm afraid there's been at least two other threads where this has been reported and one of the DVI ports has died on my 5770 to. The only thing I can suggest is you return the card back to the manufacturer and get a replacement all these cards come with a two year warranty (guaranteed by EU law).

Many thanks for that reply, do I have to send them prove of purchase as well?

I have the email from overclockers with the shipping info but no details when I log into to my account for some strange reason?

I was very sceptical with going for an ATI card as I had driver issue's way back with one of there really old cards. After that I only ever bourght NVIDIA but at the time I perchance my "Sapphire HD 5770" ATI cards seemed to be all that anyone was getting on here :(

O'well, looks like I will be going back to NVIDIA get this ATI fixed and keep it as a test/spare..

Soldato
Interesting yours is a Sapphire, mines an Asus so it looks like the problem isn't brand specific. As for getting it returned Sapphire will tell you what you need but yes they will need a prove of purchase and OCUK should be able to supply you with one if you call them with your order number (or post a web nore).

The reason why a lot of people bought the 5770 was simply because AMD couldn't supply enouggh 5850's and 5870's to keep up with demand so people started snapping up these instead with have any eye on going crossfire somehwere down the line. I wouldn't get to upset with it I've found the drivers to be issue free and every game I play is stable and performs well, there's no need to throw more money away when you can get this fixed for free.

Back
Top Bottom