Where do I stand? - Vodafone

Gangster
Associate
On Monday there was a voucher for £30 off their Sure Signal product but if you added a phone, it would also take £30 off handset and your line rental each month.

I ordered the Sure Signal and an iPhone 4.
Contract was 18 months at £35 and handset cost £169.

With the voucher, the total cost came to:
Sure Signal - £50 -30 = £20
+
iPhone 4 16GB - £169 - 30 = £139
+
£5 x 18 line rental.

I received the a phone today but worried about what Vodafone can do? I phoned my bank and they can confirm direct debit has been set up for £5/month and £159 one off price has been debited.

What can Vodafone do when they realise the mistake?

Man of Honour
Vodafone wouldnt set up a direct debit just for the line rental amount, as obviously by its nature a phone bill is often a different amount each month.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;17662871 said:
Vodafone wouldnt set up a direct debit just for the line rental amount, as obviously by its nature a phone bill is often a different amount each month.

Don't direct debits allow them to take whatever amount they need, whereas standing orders are fixed?

Associate
When I used to work for Vodafone a few years ago, as far as I'm aware, once they find the mistake they will altar your price plan back to the correct monthly agreement. If I were you, I'd just not ring 191 to their customer services and just claim ignorance if they do find out.

Back
Top Bottom