• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

580 GTX Price is up....

Soldato
Is there any point in buying a card that expensive anymore? Doesn't the 6870/5870 run pretty much everything maxed out up to 2560x1600?

I doubt anything intensive like Metro 2033 is gonna be out until...well, Metro 2034. That'll probably use the same engine anyway.

Only thing I'd consider spending a bit more on is The Witcher 2 because that looks incredible graphics wise.

I've looked at a couple of different sources but it looks like The Witcher 2 will be directx 9 but one source say it will have some directx 11 enhancements. Either way it's one game I'm really looking forward to! :)

Caporegime
120546i7vvizooiieqkwz7.jpg

some pic I have shamelessly stolen from another site.

Soldato
So GTX580 works out at £339 or $549 excluding VAT, not far off $499 that was a launch price for GTX480. If rumours are true, the card costs less to produce than GTX480 meaning that it could potentially launch at the same price. That would be somewhere around £369 mark. Bear in mind that 6970 should be significantly cheaper than that as well (at least $50 or so).

Soldato
ill wait for reviews first, but my curiosity to return to nvidia may make me get it even though it will probably be an inferior card to the 6970

Associate
I got that email too, 399 for gtx580, preorder. However if you super depserate there is a way to get your grubby hands on a 580 right now!

The same shop also sells ready made systems with 580s in them already, and they are all ready to ship for £999, if you just want the card, just strip the pc when you get it, sell of the parts, and keep the 580.

Associate
I got that email too, 399 for gtx580, preorder. However if you super depserate there is a way to get your grubby hands on a 580 right now!

The same shop also sells ready made systems with 580s in them already, and they are all ready to ship for £999, if you just want the card, just strip the pc when you get it, sell of the parts, and keep the 580.

Or better yet, buy one, benchmark the hell out of it, post the results here then return it under distance selling regulations :D

Soldato

Really :confused: I'm not so sure even the most extravagant, clinically insane Nvidia fanboy would go to such extremes.

A 400 quid graphics card would turn into a 600+ quid graphics card by the time you've taken into account second hand values of the kit you'd have to sell, a ridiculous idea tbh :p

Back
Top Bottom