Carroll and England

Soldato
A debate seems to be springing up in various areas of the press suggesting that he should not get an England call up due to his off the field antics rather than his on the field ability. Personally I hope he doesn't get called up as I know he will do well and then probably be bought off us (selfish I know :p)

What are peoples opinions on how off the field antics should effect their career?

I used to care about all that but these days a good portion of players are complete tossers who I wouldn't give the time of day to if I knew them in my personal life. Because of this I have simply stopped caring about what they do off the pitch and just enjoy watching the game. The various sagas off Terry, Rooney and whoever else you want to toss in there simply no longer interest me.

If a player is a good enough and does his job on the pitch he can do whatever he wants off the field. He can get smacked off his trolley on booze and drugs whilst roasting a hooker in the middle of town center for all I care. As long as it is not a crime, more specifically a crime which results in jail time I don't care what they do. Just let them play football.

Opinions?

Soldato
His off the field antics shouldn't matter because he's a terrible player! He might have got a goal at the weekend but we all saw how well the long ball game worked at the World Cup for England. The last thing we should be doing is calling up players that complement it - I'd rather see Welbeck or someone else that has also done well at U21 level called up if we are that short of players.

Caporegime
I don't think thugs should be on the team, but Gerrard is managing to be the captain, but its okay, he's not a thug because his friends took the wrap for him and all got together to say it wasn't him, despite, you know, clear footage of him assaulting an unarmed defenseless guy on his own, who'd done nothing to him.

But is that new for footballers, cheating on your wife is hardly a mortal sin as half the world does it, I really couldn't care less about that, nor banging prostitutes, an enslaved prostitute being forced into it, yes, random woman X who WANTS to be paid for sex then I have no issue with that either, I really have no problem with Rooney asides from him being utterly useless right now.

Assault, drugs, etc, players involved in those things shouldn't be involved in the team if you ask me.

Soldato
To be fair he's absolute pony as well as being a dick, which is probably (hopefully) why he'll never get picked up.

Caporegime
It's obvious from the type of striker Capello has chosen to partner Rooney that he wants a big strong forward to do the donkey work so it's either a young player like Carroll or someone like Davies, Cole, Heskey, Crouch or Zamora.

Whether his off field antics mean he should be banned from playing for his country is another matter but you can't allow one player to get away with something and not another. Ban the lot of them or ban no one imo.

Soldato
OP
He's been playing really well actually, not sure why you all think he's crap.

Probably bitter Gunners.

He's been playing fantastic all season, by no means the finished article but he owns most defenses he plays against. Can head, finish and actually play the ball as well. As I say nowhere near the completed article yet but easily good enough for England.

Soldato
Well I personally don't think we should pick people if they can't behave off the pitch but then that would mean dropping most of our good players - Rooney, Terry, Gerrard etc.

So no, it shouldn't affect his chances and if he's playing well enough he should get a chance.

Man of Honour
Other players in the England squad cannot behave. In light of that, if his playing ability dictates that he should be chosen then he should be chosen and that's that.

He's playing well. If he carries on call him up.

Man of Honour
Other players in the England squad cannot behave. In light of that, if his playing ability dictates that he should be chosen then he should be chosen and that's that.

He's playing well. If he carries on call him up.

Aye, I agree with this. As many noises about off the field behaviour can be made as newspapers want but at the end of the day we don't have a choice for the national team.

Soldato
His off the field antics shouldn't matter because he's a terrible player! He might have got a goal at the weekend but we all saw how well the long ball game worked at the World Cup for England. The last thing we should be doing is calling up players that complement it - I'd rather see Welbeck or someone else that has also done well at U21 level called up if we are that short of players.

Danny Wellbeck? He's terrible, most Sunderland fans don't even seem to want him in their team.

Soldato
:confused: He's been decent for Sunderland, far better than Gyan so far.

Hmmmmmmm, I challenge you to a duel!

Mandalorian_Crush_Gaunts.JPG

Back
Top Bottom