the friend who has now split up with his gf

Soldato
yes. friends pick up where they left off. friends understand why this happens as we are all generally the same in this respect.

That's pathetic, I don't have fair weather friends. I guess those of us who consider themselves true friends don't keep em around so they make do with each other and have these pathetic friendships together.

Caporegime
Yep, thats what friends are for.

Any one of my old mates could text me regardless how long they havn't been in touch and I would go on the lash with them. Knowing they would return the favour.

Soldato
OP
Yep, thats what friends are for.

Any one of my old mates could text me regardless how long they havn't been in touch and I would go on the lash with them. Knowing they would return the favour.

how is putting ones missus constantly ahead of friends ever returning you a favour?

Soldato
Damn him for concentrating on his relationship! Imagine him putting a woman before you. Despicable. I strongly suggest never talking to him again and eating a tub of ice cream to make yourself feel better. Then get your hair done and buy some shoes online.

Soldato
OP
Damn him for concentrating on his relationship! Imagine him putting a woman before you. Despicable. I strongly suggest never talking to him again and eating a tub of ice cream to make yourself feel better. Then get your hair done and buy some shoes online.

i think you're missing the point

Associate
Had a similar issue with a mate. Each time he got a new girlfriend he'd get in touch every few months or so if he needed something. Of course when things went pear shaped he'd be back, six months or a year later. Put up with it the first three times and hes recently tried to get back in touch after his latest relationship hit the skids. No gf and were rehearsing, going out, having fun.

I couldnt be bothered with him this time, girlfriend or not if a mate needs something Im there but he only wants mates when it suits him and thats not how any friendship should work.

Soldato
OP
I couldnt be bothered with him this time, girlfriend or not if a mate needs something Im there but he only wants mates when it suits him and thats not how any friendship should work.

exactly. seems a lot of posters can't seem to grasp this

Soldato
exactly. seems a lot of posters can't seem to grasp this

Maybe their just so overjoyed that people actually want to talk to them they bite their fingers off at the chance of having a mate! ;)

But seriously, why would you consider someone who hasn't been in contact at all for a few years a friend?
Obviously other things are more important to them than you are.

Soldato
OP
[FnG]magnolia;17762410 said:
If you have to ask a computer forum then you probably don't consider him one of your friends. Not in any meaningful way, anyway.

i asked to see the responses on the subject, which are mixed

Caporegime
A lot of my friends do that, I say about 50/50. They just disappear when they are in a relationship, resurfaces during Christmas pub crawl and may be a stag do. One was so bad, when he was single he was out a lot. When he was with his gf/no wife, we used to call him to come out, he says he would. but he just not bother to turn up and not bother to call. We gave up on him in the end, lately his marriage is a bit iffy and he's come out more, then the relationship got better and he disappeared again.

Another friend, pretty much the casanova of us lot, go through about 4 girlfriends a year on average, and only really see him when he is between girls, then disappears when he has one.

Caporegime
If he was your mate before he was with the gf then why wouldn't he still be your mate after?

I met up with an old army mate recently who I hadn't seen for several years, nothing had changed much still went for beers and caught up etc... I happen to live in a different part of the UK now, I don't feel the need to phone up old male friends just for a chat in the same way women feel obliged to do so I literally hadn't spoken to the guy for several years.

If someone was your mate a few years ago then even if you've been out of contact for a bit I don't see why you still can't be mates now.

Back
Top Bottom