Rioting in London?

Associate
We must remember that these riots are not just about a rise in tuition fees. It's about distrust in politics. A distrust in politics that made promises of transparency. The Lib Dems have fuelled anger in many young people who were deceived by their election promises.

Permabanned
Someone, somewhere has to pay for everything. Trace back anything to the origin and there is some poor slob doing some hard work somewhere. Might be a 10 year old in China making nikes or your dad on an oil rig in the north sea.

Services provide profit and wealth.

Entertainment industries provide profit and wealth.

Every sector provides profit.

So what about English study then? History etc?

Scrap them too because you can't have a history engineer can you?

What's English study 'making' or 'producing' in the big world then? Journalists and books?

I take it that only the sons of engineers can buy books and newspapers?

Where do you end with this utter nonesense?

What kind of fantasy land are you guys living in that you think we can all do media studies and go to clubs without ever actually producing anything or doing any useful work?

Are you speaking to me?

Funny that, because I've said nothing ridiculous like that.

That the government can just print money and hand it out? This is all paid for with debt to people who ARE doing work, facilitated by the banking industry.

Yes, service industry. What are they making exactly?

Yes, profit like everything else. :rolleyes:

And these people who go to university will go and do work and pay too.

I don't get your point, your talking utter ********.

It can't last much longer, bills have to be paid with meaningful WORK.

Really?

I thought I paid my bills in handjobs and magic beans as well.

The very bottom line is we have to be fed, clothed, housed and transported. The government can't magic that stuff out of thin air :confused: Somebody has to do the actual work, that's where wealth comes from.

Yes, work in banks, in manufacturing, agriculture, science the entertainments and government etc

It isn't just engineers / banks.

It would not surprise me if in 15 years time half of you people will be the lowest pleb factory workers making jeans or whatever for the Chinese.

:confused: :rolleyes:

Klo

Klo

Soldato
We must remember that these riots are not just about a rise in tuition fees. It's about distrust in politics. A distrust in politics that made promises of transparency. The Lib Dems have fuelled anger in many young people who were deceived by their election promises.

The Lib Dems promised to do these things if they get into power as a majority. They didn't say what they'd do if they'd got in as a coalition.

Man of Honour
I don't quite understand why they are rioting. None of them will be affected by the changes as they are already students.

The 25% of students in the poorest areas of society will pay less than they do not.
The rest wont need to pay a penny back until they earn a GOOD wage.

Whats the problem here? Are they just out to show how far our University standards have slipped?

So you went just to get on TV? Did you not have lectures to attend today?

Ha no i went to college till 12 then went down to London with my friend who was doing some photography of the march. But it would've been nice. I was hoping to be interviewed to get a decent view across but the reports only seemed to focus on the people going over the top typical :rolleyes:

Permabanned
The Lib Dems promised to do these things if they get into power as a majority. They didn't say what they'd do if they'd got in as a coalition.

Which they should have done.

They had plenty advanced warning of the likely outcome of the election.

Yet they continued to ignore the evidence before them.

It's a purposeful get out clause.

Soldato
How much of the service economy can farmers and miners carry?

How much is carried by credit cards, equity releases and the like? Do you think IT/restaurants/couriers could circle jerk themselves along if the banking industry collapsed? How many restaurant meals would you buy on your credit card at 80% APR?

what are you on about with your outlandish claims. you are just babbling nonesense. fact is banking does not represent 75% of UK GDP. you quote random figures and have no clue as to what they actually mean. You have clearly shown that you do not understand what is the service industry nor what GDP actually is.

did you go to university? or did you spend all the time at the pub instead of classes? :rolleyes:

I really fail to understand your animosity towards students who protest a potential rise in the cost of their education by 3 fold. many want to pursue studies in other fields other than music as you like to rave about, they aren't all window bashing thugs spending their tuition fees on booze and nightclubs!

Back
Top Bottom