HTC Desire HD (Ace)

Associate
The guys at the tmobile shop said they couldn't help me directly re: my DHD order but that they are expecting stock tomorrow (hopefully) so I shall head there after work and see if they got any DHDs!

I wish you luck with that! I have been getting "It will be here on our next Delivery day" for a while now, the guys in my local T-mobile stores recognise me now so I do not even have to queue to ask about it, they just tell me they will call me when it comes in stock. I will be heading to T-Mobile again tomorrow, Thursday is their delivery day! I am not holding my breath though :(

T-mobile are being very strange.

I ordered my phone at 11a.m on Monday, and received it at 10a.m yesterday. Regular user, £25/mo contract. New user, not upgrade.

How can I receive mine in less than 24 hours, and you're waiting a month? :eek:

That will make a nice phone call with T-mobile in the morning! I am sure they will just deny it though

Associate
You have passed our initial security check and your order is ready for processing however your HTC Desire HD is not in stock at the moment.

We expect it to be available again within 10-15 working days, so we are going to temporarily hold-off from processing your credit check until it is back in stock.

www.BuyMobilePhones.net

Boo hoo :(

£25 pm. 24 month. 600 mins, unltd texts, 500mg. £29.99. Ok i guess.

Soldato
I am currently with Tmobile with my G1, xx mins, unlimited txts and internet for £35 a month, was hoping to get the HD for £30 a month on a similar contract but website says minimum of £40.

Anyone know anywhere to get a similar deal? Never upgraded phones before so not sure on the processes.

Soldato
As far as I know, Paul over at Modaco, will be updating VISIONary so that it perma-roots your Desire HD. Should be coming out soon I hope!

I'm not overly sure of the complications of it, but it doesn't turn security off.

# Note: this does NOT rewrite your hboot - you will need to do this manually to get S-OFF.

Edit: The warning from XDA.

To clarify a few things. VISIONary won't flash your HBOOT. Paul chose not to do this because this is a VERY dangerous operation which can brick your phone, we can thank HTC for making this necessary. Flashing HBOOT is only needed to flash the recovery/new roms in the future, it's not needed for permaroot. BE VERY CAREFUL with the 'dd' command, if this writes something and it goes wrong or if it writes the wrong thing, your bootloader is gone and your phone will be bricked.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I knew it didn't rewrite your HBOOT :) I just used the gscript method to root it. Very fast and easy. There is a good tutorial in a pdf over there. You download a zip archive.

But obviously, read, read and READ! This is the thread here

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I knew it didn't rewrite your HBOOT :) I just used the gscript method to root it. Very fast and easy. There is a good tutorial in a pdf over there. You download a zip archive.

But obviously, read, read and READ! This is the thread here

I used the PDF guide with gscript too. It was very easy to do, but make sure your read it, double check and then triple check.

Soldato
Wait, if I'm expecting a delivery can I just go check my local store and see if it's in stock and have it given to me there?

I'm not 100% sure whether they can give you one - I doubt it actually, but the guy said if they get some in today that they could cancel my upgrade and put it through again in store and thus I walk away with a DHD there and then ...

I'm certainly not holding my breath about them actually getting any in - first come first served basis so by the time I get there after work :/

Associate
Got it and love it, only issue is I have is I put my orange sim into it to copy contacts etc over and mess about with it/use net. Put Voda sim in and the sim wasn't active. Swapped back to Orange sim and now it wont connect to the net at all via 3g etc :(

Soldato
I am currently with Tmobile with my G1, xx mins, unlimited txts and internet for £35 a month, was hoping to get the HD for £30 a month on a similar contract but website says minimum of £40.

Anyone know anywhere to get a similar deal? Never upgraded phones before so not sure on the processes.
I think you can do upgrades through e2save, but I've no idea how it works.
If you do go that route, you can get £80 cashback via quidco.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom