New Tyres Required

Soldato
I am after 2 new tyres for the Mrs Ford Fiesta Car. At the moment she has Michelin Pe2's on. She does do about 16k miles a year.

What is everyone recommending at the moment, or should I just stick to the Pe2's???

Soldato
Michelin PS3's have replaced PE2's in some of the sizes as they are not being made anymore. You may find PS3's cheaper than PE2's. Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's would be a good bet as well.

What size of tyre are you looking for.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had the T1-R on my Clio since Mar '09. Decent enough in the dry (not bad road noise) and were ok last winter, they are feeling their age now having done 14k miles and are only 1-2mm off wear marks, they feel a bit ice-rink'ish now but i would use them again as they have lasted a lot longer than the previous Conti's (12k) and Michelins (10k) and i dont exactly need a performance tyre for commuting.

Soldato
OP
I've had the T1-R on my Clio since Mar '09. Decent enough in the dry (not bad road noise) and were ok last winter, they are feeling their age now having done 14k miles and are only 1-2mm off wear marks, they feel a bit ice-rink'ish now but i would use them again as they have lasted a lot longer than the previous Conti's (12k) and Michelins (10k) and i dont exactly need a performance tyre for commuting.

This is basically what the mrs needs the new tyres. Getting from A to B.

I have seen the T1-R's on Black Circles for £54 each. But if I want them fitted, they want to charge me an extra £10 per tyre? Surely if I take them to a local garage they wouldn't cost me that much would they?

Soldato
Just replaced my front GSD3's, now at the moment I can tell little difference between them and the Flaken FK452's ive just replaced them with, then again I was down to about 1mm of tread on the Goodyears.

I'd say little to no effect on the car, however your overall circumfrence of the tyre will be less, so your speedo may become a little more innacurate, there was a site somewhere that calculated the actual speed difference when putting different size tyres on your car.... may be worth a google?

Soldato
Go through the blackcircles process and find which garage is nearest to you to fit them, then just ring up the garage and see if they will do them for less. When i had the T1-R's fitted the garage said i should have just rung them up and they would have at least matched them (plus i wouldnt have been greeted by 'Here's the lad for the black circles' and then promptly waiting 4hrs for my tyres to be fitted, i kid you not, 1 tyre per hour as per the black circles email "Please allow approximately 30 minutes for the fitting of each tyre. Please note this is an average figure and some tyres may take longer to fit than others", i didnt realise fitting pretty standard tyres to an average hatch would mean an hour each!!)

Back
Top Bottom