• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3D Gaming- Has anyone jumped on?

Soldato
many people play CS 1.6 at 800x600 - so where do you stop with that argument. I would agree that your not going to play serious competitive FPS with 3dvision, its all about twitch so the added eye candy is just a distraction. If your playing games for fun and and like to feel like you're there, then 3dvision is a massive step up (in my experience) I'd also like to mention that those who are serious about their FPS would see a big benefit from the 120Hz monitors.

Associate
Hmm I think the 3D effect will be lost when you have 10fps in Dalaran on WoW.

Nvidia had a big push for 3D at blizzcon showing how great it all is in SC2 and WoW. Was getting some good feedback from people who saw it, only downside was the systems they were using had quad SLI 480's in them!

Soldato
Also you look like a dork with sunglasses on inside.

Yes because otherwise playing PC games makes you look so cool....

Maybe I am an exceptional case but gaming is something I tend to do alone. Sure my wife walks in or I can have mates round, but then I'm not bothered what they think I look like. One of the joys of being an adult I guess :)

And if you have really low self esteem and can't stand the thought of being seen enjoyin some cool technology, take em off when people are round ;)

I can understand ppl complaining about ghosting/lower fps/headaches etc but I don't understand the 'it makes you look stupid' argument.

Associate
I have been useing 3D Vision for about 2/3 weeks now and i must say i'm happy with my purchase. The only problem i have really found is in WoW where is clearly displays your action bars/text screens/ add on frames in the foreground it makes it hard to focus when looking at them.

Though thats only one game all the rest i have tried it on has really added a nice improvement to the game. I would much rather keep the 3D vision than go for a giant screen like eyefinitiy. I would reccomend it to anyone that is looking for something new to try out.

Soldato
I am running with the Asus VG236HE and glasses available from OcUK and got to say I am impressed with it, really impressed. I suppose it is all about the end user experience but for me the experience is more immersive. Some games it compliments it really really well. Other for example the game is just not optimized and you have to turn down the depth of field for it to be playable. Bad Company 2 and Black Ops run sweet. Medal Of Honor is a bit toilet in all honesty.

It certainly adds something to the game play thats for sure

Associate
I still have my old 3d stereo glasses from gforce 2 days. I wonder if these will work with a 120mhz monitor? It worked fine with my old crt but changed to a sm226cw once it gave up but the glasses would not work with the lcd.

Associate
Has anyone who is long or short sighted got 3D Vision?

I was just wondering how well it works as I've read the level of 3Dness (that's the technical term for it) isn't a good unless you have 20/20 eyesight. Not to mention wearing the 3D glasses on top of your own glasses would make you look so cool :cool:

Soldato
Has anyone who is long or short sighted got 3D Vision?

I was just wondering how well it works as I've read the level of 3Dness (that's the technical term for it) isn't a good unless you have 20/20 eyesight. Not to mention wearing the 3D glasses on top of your own glasses would make you look so cool :cool:

You can change the level of 3Dness with a wheel on the back of the small USB box.

Associate
You can change the level of 3Dness with a wheel on the back of the small USB box.
Yeah I know about that wheel, but even with that, I thought people who didn't have near perfect eyesight still had problems with 3D Vision. Which is why I'd like to hear from any users who wear glasses and have tried it.

Associate
Yeah I know about that wheel, but even with that, I thought people who didn't have near perfect eyesight still had problems with 3D Vision. Which is why I'd like to hear from any users who wear glasses and have tried it.

They will fit well over your glasses, at least I have no problems at all, playing my 3D games with max depth.

Back
Top Bottom