GF1 or E-P1 - Sensible vs Beauty !

Soldato
As title really, I've seen the gf1 for about 400 with lens and the e-p1 for 325 with lens.

The Gf-1 is supposedly superior ? But the E-P1 is so damn pretty! Does any one have an experience with them they can share to help me make up my mind ?

Cheers,
Dave

sid

sid

Soldato
GF1 with the 20mm is a very very good combo, I don't think the EP1 can match it

The focus speed will surprised you as well and thats from a 1d user

Associate
Out of the two, I'd definitely choose the GF1.

As sid mentioned, the focusing speed of the GF1 is very snappy and the build quality is far superior than the E-P1 (The E-P1 feels rather plasticy and cheap, especially some of the control dials).

The GF1 is a solid little camera, and after using both the E-P1 and the GF1 while I was in Singapore I'd definitely take the GF1 (especially with the 20mm).

If possible though, handle both and then make your own decision :)

Associate
As the owner of an E-P1, I'd say the GF1 is probably a better camera, it's definitely got an edge in autofocus speed and I also found the screen to be clearer. The reason I bought the E-P1 was mainly because I got it for £250 with the kit lens, which was almost half the price of the GF1 at the time. I also tend to use it with my old legacy lenses so autofocus speed doesn't bother me (and I get the benefit of image stabilisation at f1.4 :D). And as you say, it's very pretty...

I definitely wouldn't agree that the EP-1 feels plasticy and cheap though, especially since much of the body is metal, perhaps there's some confusion with the E-PL1?

Back
Top Bottom