HTC Desire HD (Ace)

Soldato
In all honesty how much do you actually use the speaker other than for calls? I don't think I've ever used my phone speaker for music (I'm no chav), so I don't really see what the issue is if you always use headphones.

Man of Honour
In all honesty how much do you actually use the speaker other than for calls? I don't think I've ever used my phone speaker for music (I'm no chav), so I don't really see what the issue is if you always use headphones.

I'd think the main issue is when it rings, it might sound really poor. Not a deal breaker by any means though but it could annoy some folk.

Soldato
Yep it is for calls.. the volume isnt as loud as is like. But a small bug bare.

Received my case today from mobile fun, very good service ordered yesterday came today.

I went for the official pouch looks smart and does the job of protecting my DHD when in my pocket.

Soldato
Well I ordered mine yesterday, should be with me on Monday :)

Biggles: Voda seem to have them stocked up, they ran out Thursday evening but had them back in by Friday afternoon.

Associate
Initial thoughts so far;

Battery isn't good *shocker* probably used it for four hours solidly before having to put it on charge, from what i have read it should get better after a few cycles, think its on its fourth charge in 23 hours.

The screen is very nice, the shear size of it makes up for the lack of amoled tech, a hdh with amoled would be a winner (plus a better battery :D(and a better speaker)) other wise very pleased for my first android/smart phone.

Associate
Initial thoughts so far;

Battery isn't good *shocker* probably used it for four hours solidly before having to put it on charge, from what i have read it should get better after a few cycles, think its on its fourth charge in 23 hours.

The screen is very nice, the shear size of it makes up for the lack of amoled tech, a hdh with amoled would be a winner (plus a better battery :D(and a better speaker)) other wise very pleased for my first android/smart phone.

The battery will get much better, Friday was out after work, took it off charge at 1pm, data on, screen on fifty per cent , made it to 5pm yesterday with 18%. Used it a fair bit in that time ( three or four calls, maybe twenty ish texts, few syncs of facebook/Twitter/weather/gmail , watched a few daft videos , played some angry birds )

Associate
Still waiting for this sim free from mobile fun, it's annoying that sim free stock seems to be hard to get hold of, because all the networks seem to be getting all the stock.

that makes two of us, I orderd mine on 24th September and still no phone, I'm thinking of getting one of the well known auction site, the only problems I can see is if the seller stops paying the contract the network may block the phone and I'm £460 down the drain.

I think htc have made a complete shambles of getting the phone to market, they hyped the phone up before release and then didn't have enough units ready for release :(:(

Associate
This is the way these things work. They will always work this way.

Your right, it's just driving me up the wall, everyone seems to have the phone except me :D

My contract has about six months to run so there is no chance of getting one from Vodafone and I don't want one the has been network branded, guess I'll just have to sit tight and wait.

Associate
Your right, it's just driving me up the wall, everyone seems to have the phone except me :D

My contract has about six months to run so there is no chance of getting one from Vodafone and I don't want one the has been network branded, guess I'll just have to sit tight and wait.

Well as someone who's read the last 45ish pages of this thread over the last couple days, I can say this: there's been a few questions of "how branded is the phone from X?" and so far the answers have always been: zero.

I could've missed a reply (or be an idiot), but so far as far as I can see (hehe "far as far as", simple things...) operator branding doesn't factor into things with these Android guys.

Soldato
Phoned Orange yesterday after i had been told on Tuesday to wait for a text as my phone was in testing and reserved. Hadn't had one, and the guy i spoke to said someone had done it all wrong and my phone wasn't reserved...

He put me on hold for a couple of minutes, came back to discuss a plan and i'm getting my new phone on Monday. Orange Upgrade customer service for the win :D

Associate
Phoned Orange yesterday after i had been told on Tuesday to wait for a text as my phone was in testing and reserved. Hadn't had one, and the guy i spoke to said someone had done it all wrong and my phone wasn't reserved...

He put me on hold for a couple of minutes, came back to discuss a plan and i'm getting my new phone on Monday. Orange Upgrade customer service for the win :D

I'll probably be doing the same in four weeks time, what deal did you get out of Orange?

Associate
That deal doesn't seem great. Could you have not got a better deal direct? I did 3 weeks ago!

Depends what you mean by 'great' really, i get to keep the exact same deal im currently on, so paying no extra each month, ok i had to pay £69 for the phone and its a 18 month contract, but no big deal really.

As for going direct, O2 have always said that they will not stock the DHD as they are pushing the HD7, i phoned them several times and it was always "no sorry sir we are not stocking it", hence having to go with a 3rd party.

Man of Honour
Right, my girlfriend wants one of these now!

I like the phone on the whole, except for (as I've said earlier) the battery. She is quite happy to charge it every day so I imagine it would be fine.

Still, it would be useful if you folks could give me some indication of how long your battery lasts -

What time do you unplug it and at what % is it at when you get home from work/college with what usage(calls/texts/games/video/music)?

Do you leave WiFi on and what mail accounts/facebook/twitter are syncing?

Thanks in advance :p

Soldato
Mine easily lasts a day now, usually have 40%+ at bed time after unplugging at 8am. Have made two days of use.

Average probably 20 minutes of calls, 10 texts, 30 minutes of web browsing, 30 minutes of some game or another every day. Wifi and internet are off during work hours because I'm sat in front of a PC anyway. Rest of the time mail and calendar is on push, Facebook is every 4 hours.

Back
Top Bottom