Faulty Corsair HX1000....Again!

Associate
OP
What about me? I made this thread lol. It has not buzzed for the last 4 days but the initial buzzing did worry me. I have applied for an advanced rma. Is this being chased up?

RoEy

Man of Honour
What about me? I made this thread lol. It has not buzzed for the last 4 days but the initial buzzing did worry me. I have applied for an advanced rma. Is this being chased up?

RoEy

I did not realize that you had been thread-jacked. RoEy. My statement is for all Corsair customers but, I posted here because of your post. If you need help with your RMA, I will need your RMA number.

Vir

Vir

Associate
Tried unplugging everything from the psu and I still get the buzz. Even when the pc is turned off I still get a buzz coming from the psu. Shoddy shoddy shoddy corsair.

Do I have to wait another month now for another crappy corsair psu to turn up on my door?

I have nothing bad to say about overclockers they have done everything they can for me but boy do I need them to help me with this one.

I've even got a massive extension cable and plugged it into a socket from another room thinking it might be an issue with the rooms socket.

I give up.........

RoEy

Damn that's unlucky. I wonder though, have they said what was wrong with your last two PSU's?

Also I'm beginning to think something else is causing the problem as I can't see three top-of-the-line PSU's going bad for one person in this timespan... Could be though but you seem extremely unlucky then...

Associate
As silly as it sounds, it my be something as simple as earth leakage on your electrics causing the buzz.
Friend if mine had the same problem with another brand, fitted an extension block with a filter / suppressor and no more buzz.

Associate
I did not realize that you had been thread-jacked. RoEy. My statement is for all Corsair customers but, I posted here because of your post. If you need help with your RMA, I will need your RMA number.

Maybe not!!

Fitted the new PSU every thing spinned up briefly and then nothing Bios post error 88. Tried again nothing.

Tried the paper clip test - eventually - everything not connected via the MB working. But beginning to suspect a lose connection in the PSU wiring.

Reconnected to MB everything spinning but Bios post error 88 - several times.

Disconnected everything bar the CPU and water pump and CPU header and each stick of ram in turn - nothing.

Decided to RMA the MB - but thought I woukd have one last go at resetting the CMOS by taking the battery out and leaving it a couple of hours. Nothing.

Took PSU out and tried paper clip test - will not work at all with connector (with the cross wire) fully pushed home. Wriggling it makes the fan spin briefly but it keeps cutting out after a second.

So 3 weeks later and no further forward - well peed off and in need of help.

Soldato
As silly as it sounds, it my be something as simple as earth leakage on your electrics causing the buzz.
Friend if mine had the same problem with another brand, fitted an extension block with a filter / suppressor and no more buzz.

Not so silly, an earthing bond between the PSU chassis and the case can also solve buzzing. Fit between one of the screws fixing the PSU in the case to a suitable bare metal location on the case (card fixing screw). Often a problem caused by rubber mounting or isolation of the PSU.

Associate
OP

You're probably right to be fair. It hasn't buzzed for a week so I'm reluctant to replace it. I'll look into an extension block with a filter. Cheers mate.

RoEy

Back
Top Bottom