HTC Desire HD (Ace)

Associate
Just took delivery of mine, although I had to resort to the well known auction site as I wanted a sim free one and you can't get them any where at the moment, this was a CPW upgrade so will be fine :D

Soldato
During setup ive synced everyone who has their mobile number on facebook to my phone book. Does anyone know how to get rid of this as theres a lot of peoples numbers i dont want. I can't find a delete option anywhere.

Soldato
Check you're not running an app that prevents screen dim.

On the screen again...the most annoying thing about it (apart from the battery life) is that the whole screen remains bright when you're using it as a desk clock at night, making it hard to sleep.

I have been using Alarm Clock PlusV2 free - it has a plethora of options and has the dim screen option too

Associate
Dissapointed :(

Been lurking and reading this thread for some time! :D

My Voda early (70day) upgrade has finally come up! Looks like i've gotta wait for the end of my Voda contract tho. :(

Early upgrade will cost me £140 for the phone to keep my current contract (18months, £35/m, 300min, 500MB, unlimited txt)

They were not interested in haggling at all. Happy to give me a PAC code and rubbished T mobile network service.:(

I guess i've gotta wait for the contract to end and go elsewhere.:(

Any suggestions / ideas?

Cheers

Man of Honour
During setup ive synced everyone who has their mobile number on facebook to my phone book. Does anyone know how to get rid of this as theres a lot of peoples numbers i dont want. I can't find a delete option anywhere.

This was one of the huge software niggles on the original Desire, I'm sure HTC will have fixed it with the new SenseUI build. Try having a look in Settings > Sync Options and look what options you have for Facebook for Sense (not the normal Facebook app).

My phone has been despatched from Mobiles.co.uk and will be with me tomorrow, rejoice! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Been lurking and reading this thread for some time! :D

My Voda early (70day) upgrade has finally come up! Looks like i've gotta wait for the end of my Voda contract tho. :(

Early upgrade will cost me £140 for the phone to keep my current contract (18months, £35/m, 300min, 500MB, unlimited txt)

They were not interested in haggling at all. Happy to give me a PAC code and rubbished T mobile network service.:(

I guess i've gotta wait for the contract to end and go elsewhere.:(

Any suggestions / ideas?

Cheers

Ouch I came from Orange to Voda and got the handset free on the exact same deal + 750mb data.... + 600mins

**Edit**

Woops just saw you said early upgrade.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally got mine now and I love it :D

Very fast and quick to setup, I'm still at work but I will have a proper play later on but even installing the latest updates via the Wi-Fi it's extremely quick, overall so far - very impressed :) I've also been reading about the battery so I am going to use it later until their is 5% charge left and then give it a proper charge and follow the cycles to make sure I get the most out of it.

It's feels very well built and the touch screen to me feels even better than the iPhone! The only one complaint I have got so far is how fiddly it is to get the battery cover back onto the phone. I was worried to start with incase I would break the cover trying to do it but I seem to have got used to it now and it looks like I am not the only one who had difficulty trying to get the cover back on (from looking at review videos over on YouTube).

Liam

Associate
Finally got mine now and I love it :D

Very fast and quick to setup, I'm still at work but I will have a proper play later on but even installing the latest updates via the Wi-Fi it's extremely quick, overall so far - very impressed :) I've also been reading about the battery so I am going to use it later until their is 5% charge left and then give it a proper charge and follow the cycles to make sure I get the most out of it.

It's feels very well built and the touch screen to me feels even better than the iPhone! The only one complaint I have got so far is how fiddly it is to get the battery cover back onto the phone. I was worried to start with incase I would break the cover trying to do it but I seem to have got used to it now and it looks like I am not the only one who had difficulty trying to get the cover back on (from looking at review videos over on YouTube).

Liam

I just got mine as well and its great but that battrey cover is poor...oh well should not have to take it off very much....

Soldato
Got the official pouch this morning and some screen protectors although they're a bugger to fit correctly so not sure i'll bother as it hasn't quite stuck to the screen all around :/

The pouch is brilliant though - but I concur that it does dampen the speaker considerably!

Associate
Just ordered one:

£30/month, 18 month contract, 300 mins, unlimited texts, 3GB data, free phone. Direct from T-mobile.

£540 cost of ownership so pretty good deal there I reckon. Been told end of the week but I'm not gonna hold my breath!

Associate
Course. Here's a screenshot to make it more obvious:

snap20101102_174500.jpg

Top: SwitchPro (paid)
Clock: Tajm (Free)
Middle: Normal shortcuts
Bottom: LauncherPro Plus (paid)
Bottom icons: http://www.droid-den.com/android-guides/android-tallmin-icon-set
Background: http://files.upit.me/1288703474.png (thanks to gumbald)

The only reason I've really paid for LauncherPro Plus is so you can change the size of widgets: I'm using 6 columns (hence the 6 close icons), and SwitchPro is stretched to the width instead of being too narrow. I also use the Plus widgets, but that was the original reason.

Awesome, just breathed some new life into my G1! Thanks for posting :)

Associate
I'm waiting for mine T-Mob direct as well, can I expect the end of the week also??

Well, I was told by the girl that they're getting a batch through at the end of the week and I'd be getting one of those. I should imagine they dispatch on a first come first served basis but it sounds more like luck of the draw from peoples experiences on here.

Either way, not too fussed, my old phone still works so it'll come when it comes!

Associate
I really hope T-Mobile get stock this week, ive been waiting since release also. They cant give me a date, they used to, but obviously those dates never materialised into anything more than false hope!

I will give them a call on my lunch break to see if i can get an update or try to get somebody to tell me about this batch that might come at the end of the week!

Man of Honour
If you've been waiting since release for this, you've been had.

Interestingly, people who have been waiting since release, have you got a really dirt cheap upgrade deal or something?

They might put you at the bottom of the pile as you wont go elsewhere if you are getting a really good deal.

Back
Top Bottom