Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Halifax right this moment is offering no commison purchases for shares but thats just for a couple hours. XO is also cheap, depends if you want to deal £500 or 10000

RRL is the type of share you need to trade the spikes. It hit 11p this morning now back down to 7p. Wouldn't surprise me if we see 6p again.

Does anyone know when the next news update will be. On the RNS it just say "in due course" which could be months.

Not all news is scheduled. I suspect a move of this size will echo for some time, I have support at 6.7p so looking for the share to form a base above that and possibly continue to gain.
This amount of volume confirms the break above that level so it should hold now or it would be very negative if not
Volume: 132,112,032
Avg Vol (3m): 16,294,900
The price had already been stealthly rising, any time it does that someone is buying in regularly in order to avoid this kind of spike.
Like when buffet bought into coke, he was buying those shares every day for months not all once because it would cause a spike, too much attention draws in the big sharks. People didnt know just how much he liked it till he was forced to reveal his holding size was above 5% or whatever.
So I think that phenomena is fairly common and the fact behind my echo expectation for possible gains. If it did reverse completely, something would not be right imo

5 day average price is 6.18 and 200 day is 4.9p
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/5602/img12900843594717436969.png

Also looked at rockhopper using similar reversal theory limits and its also looking reasonable though I dont know the facts or schedule behind why its fallen so much its familiar I guess. Has volume been good, higher on up days lower with the falls? Not sure if 234 is a reasonable target for rkh, the 200 day average price is fairly nearby
http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/4791/img12900844760802449108.gif

Associate
thanks. Cant believe x-o is so low considering its the cheapest

Is it worth going for Halifax because they offer charts, visual portfolio and alerts. Barclay's don't offer a visual portfolio and x-o doesn't offer an alert

I've never found a need for charts. sign up to:

shareprice.co.uk - for free live prices and charts
rnsalert.com - for free email alerts (assuming you have a phone with push email it's great).

Associate
Not much happening expect for RRR, another 9% today.

My 6p buy in is looking nice, along with a topup at 10p

Congrats on the 6p, I've never been in a share which would give over 100% profit :(

Had a quote for 10.75p the other day, hovering over the buy button. That would have been a nice +~40%. fuuuuuuuu.

Though I'm pleased with RRL, getting out at 9p yesterday was perfect. Now looking for a lower entry point.

Soldato
Congrats on the 6p, I've never been in a share which would give over 100% profit :(

Had a quote for 10.75p the other day, hovering over the buy button. That would have been a nice +~40%. fuuuuuuuu.

Though I'm pleased with RRL, getting out at 9p yesterday was perfect. Now looking for a lower entry point.

rrr is now my highest rise - 592%

shame i only put £200 in it

Soldato
If you filled it up, and it does count.. does that mean you've exceeded your allowance?

The gains are just gains. You already paid income tax once on your money, isa just says we wont charge you again and so no the gains arent taxable even if you get a million to the best of my knowledge

Dividends are taxable still in an isa, you only benefit if you are on a higher rate and you dont owe them any further

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individual_Savings_Account

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venture_Capital_Trust

RRL scrapping along the bottom, these lows are longer term support. Pretty weak really, either a lot of speculators cashed in and/or bigger money guys not convinced of appreciable worth increase in recent news.
Market in general is steadily weaker

SKR back up to recent highs today

gkp got some oil, apparently 3000 barrels aint that great (20% of that is theirs) http://www.stockmarketsreview.com/r...confirmed_as_an_oil_discovery_20101119_61342/
If it carries on at this price see start of december for some action maybe

Scottish and Southern Energy (SSE) has entered into an agreement with Faroe Petroleum (FPM) to identify, assess and, where good value can be obtained, acquire producing oil and gas assets in the North Sea. The company also revealed that it has subscribed in a placing for in excess of 5% of the enlarged share capital of Faroe Petroleum at a cost of around 18 million pounds. Commenting on this, Alistair Phillips-Davies, energy supply director of Scottish and Southern Energy, said: "Our goal is to build up a presence in the upstream gas sector...to provide an additional source of primary fuel and a hedge for our gas generation and supply activities." Scottish and Southern Energy closed unchanged on 1,156p while those of Faroe Petroleum fell 5p to 173.75p.

Salamander Energy (SMDR) has maintained production guidance for the full year at in excess of 20,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd) with production forecast to rise to 30,000 boepd by 2013. The shares climbed 3.7p to 234p. Commenting on this, chief executive James Menzies said the group's production base will support "an active, diversified, multi-year exploration and appraisal drilling programme with material upside potential." Furthermore, the firm added that it is also looking to make "value-enhancing" acquisitions in the region.

RRL price spike was a short squeeze ?
Wonder if anyone is shorting this stock maybe or it was just marketmakers program feeling the strain from too many buyers and too much publicity like rampers try to make happen (in this case natural)
http://seekingalpha.com/article/102347-the-largest-company-in-the-world-volkswagen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom