Zotac Z Box

Associate
Hi,
Just got a Z Box, but for some reason never realised when ordering it that it wouldnt come with a cd/dvd drive...

How can I install windows onto it?

I tried putting all the contents of my windows 7 cd onto a memory card and putting the memory into the Z box, then booting, but it doesn't seem to boot up the windows installation properly :S.

Any ideas on how I can do it? will i have to buy an external dvd drive?

Thanks

Soldato
I would have thought so too.
Im not familiar with the Z-Box, but is there a an e-SATA port? Could hook up a standard DVD drive to that, set it to primary boot device and then you *should* be able to install an OS.

Associate
OP
Yes it has an e-sata port, but i dont have a drive lying around, and how would i power the drive?

I dont have a usb stick but have a memory card?

That tool seems to use the ISO?
problem there is that my image is not ISO, its UTF

Associate
OP
It's weird...the memory card comes up in the boot menu but it doesn't load up the installation screen for some reason :S.

I swapped the hard drive into my laptop, installed windows 7 from the cd, then swapped the hard drive back, and it gets to the start up screen where it's loading up and then a blue screen comes up and the computer turns off, and the startup recovery thing fails to repair it automatically :(

Associate
OP
Used a program to format the memory card into a bootable disk in the end, then copied the windows 7 disk onto it!
WOrked :)

However im still getting the CMOS Checksum Bad error, how can I solve this?

Soldato
Date and time wouldn't reset with a flat battery unless the mains was switched off too would they?

Try that, power off, unplug from the mains, press the power button to discharge any residual juice in the psu, wait about a minute then plug in and power on and go straight into the bios.

If it's forgotten the date etc then you need a new battery :)

Back
Top Bottom