Christmas presents you never got

Permabanned
mk1tuff.jpg

I had one!!

Still in my brothers garage, kind of mint condition but mines all chrome with black mags :)

I had BigTrak as well although the wheels have come on the one side :/

Tin can alley was the one, I wanted it badly!!

Soldato
Mine was a Scalextric set. Was DYING to have one after playing with my cousin's set but my parents were having none of it. They had their own .... unique ... ideas about parenting and was always on the lookout to deny you what you wanted the most in life.
You ask for a blue bike, you get a red.

Anyway. When I started working and suddenly had money to spare, I went and bought the most expensive set I could find. Played a whole afternoon. It wasn't the same :(

So yea. Scalextric set.

Associate
I have never had a Christmas present :(

But I always wanted a bicycle for my birthday. No matter how much I begged and pleaded for one, they were just too expensive. I also wanted a guitar, but never got one of those either.

But now I have the monies! Watch me spend frivolously on an ssd!

Soldato
OMG i think i just jizzed when i saw the pic of the Raleigh Wildcat! The 'computer' on the front was awesome.

To be honest I pretty much always got what i wanted at xmas. I did want a Kawasaki KLX 125 when I was 12. I went looking around with my dad and got a Yamaha DT50, think it was £120. I loved riding it (and so did my dad) until it got nicked about 2 years later.

I wanted a Sony 3 cd hifi when I was 14. I did get one but had to save birthday and xmas money from everyone#

- Oh, I never got a PS1 (or any games console for that matter) I had to wait and got a PC instead (which my dad used for ebay more than me) My Amiga 500 lasted for years though (from when I was 7 to about 15)

Last edited:
Soldato
Brings back memories. I've still got the tank and the van in the attic. :p

dragonzords.jpg

Never got this for Christmas, although iirc i was given a second hand one a while later. I think it was missing some bits though. :(

Also Tracy Island Rocked, and to a lesser extent the Captain Scarlet Cloudbase :p although i never got Thunderbird 2, everyone wanted Thunderbird 2...

I remember having that as a child, was it from Power Rangers? I think the gold button made him speak and all the red leds light up :D

Soldato
Did Raleigh Burners only come in that colour by the way?

Now if my memory serves me correctly, there were four Burners.

The blue and yellow one. (Burner)
Silver and black one. (Later edition of Burner)
Gold and black one. (Super Burner) I had this one. :cool:
Gold and black on with black mags. (Super Mag Burner)

I think this is correct but if anyone knows better, please feel free to correct me.

Soldato
Wanted a Commodore 64, got an Amstrad CPC-464. :(

I also got a 464 but then realised they were better. Built in tape deck and full colour monitor? Far superior.

Still got mine and it works. :cool:

I remember one Christmas I wanted the Batman game. Well I found it a month before and played it whenever my parents were out and completed it before I acually got 'given' it. :(

Also bought After Burner and completed it on my third go. What a waste of money it was a tenner. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom