What app to use for coding ASP .NET?

Soldato
Hey guys,

I need to code a couple of forms for work using ASP .NET, my question is which app should I use to assist me in doing this? Ideally want something that can "autocomplete" my typing for me so it can correct any syntax mistakes I make, also ideally free. Work has an MSDN subscription though so if it's not free but is MS based I can get it :)

Also any good resources for learning some ASP web form basics? was going to look up some examples on the Google as soon as I can get my coding app sorted.

I have some experience with HTML and CSS, I also have a couple of forms currently being used that are coded using the above, and VBScript, but I want to expand my horizons a bit and learn something new.

Cheers

Soldato
I'm very surprised you haven't heard of, or used Visual Studio if you're into any type of programming! :confused:

Nothing matches up to it, especially for ASP.NET. There are free express editions (Visual C#, Visual C++ etc.) as well, but you should be able to get Visual Studio Professional 2010 on your MSDN subscription. You might even qualify for Ultimate!

Last edited:
Associate
you have msdn and have not heard of Visual studio?

any way just grab Visual Web developer express (c#) and you'll have 90% of what you will ever need for free

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys, looks like I can get "Visual Studio 2010 Professional (x86) - DVD (English)" only, Ultimate is not available on our subscription level :)

Will download at work tomorrow anyway, thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom