Big shout out to AJAX

Soldato
...without you this PHP application would not be possible.

Took a little bit of reading and messing about to get it going but was all worth it.

In short I am populating fields in a hidden form from 'dead' hyperlinks (href="#") using javascript onClick events after which my ajax function is called and everything fires off to my php processing script...all tidy and transparently in the background.

Totally a tool to put in the back pocket for future projects. :cool:

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Now go and provide an accessible JavaScript free version :p. You could probably use noscript tags to display hidden buttons when JavaScript is off to postback your blank hrefs.

Soldato
OP
I would develop it as accessible if needed. But only me and a few mates will be using the app so no real need.

And not heard of jQuery, I will go have a look.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Never heard of jquery and prototype being linked in any way. Similar sort of thing but would seem odd to have both still in existence if that was the case.

To the OP, I can't believe you havn't heard of jQuery I know quite a few people that wouldnt have a clue about anything but the simplest of javascript but they bang out plenty of stuff using jquery. You are going to love it!

fez

fez

Caporegime
I understand what you meant by built on, I had just never heard anyone say anything about the two together other than they can be used to accomplish the same sorts of things.

You may be right about it being at the core of jQuery, the selector engine is sizzle I think.

Back
Top Bottom