The all things Anime related thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
lol I didn't mind the first film, it was good harmless fun, don't think I've watched the other 2 though, which were meant to be a lot worse. Might read the book someday, it's kinda sparked my interested to see how much an element of the original is in both adaptations.

The anime really is...cheesy though. Only 6 episodes so you can watch it in a few hours if you're curious.

Soldato
Forgot to say but I watched the Lucky Star OVA yesterday. Thought the MMO style sections were great, but overall I think the original series was better. Just didn't seem as much fun, wasn't quite sure what it was but something felt missing.

Soldato
Does anyone know if there are any more anime series/movies with a good jazz soundtrack/theme throughout e.g cowboy bebop? Preferably something that is actually decent storywise as well.

I'd recommend RahXephon which has some of it. Decent Mecha/Romance series with some heavy emphasis on music and the philosphical. Another important element is the lost continent of Mu myth.

Pulled from Wiki;

"Hashimoto's compositions range from piano sonatas and acoustic chamber music to experimental jazz, hard rock, and ambience that crosses the border into sound design. She also includes more mainstream jazz and orchestral music played with both acoustic and electronic instruments."

Soldato
Forgot to say but I watched the Lucky Star OVA yesterday. Thought the MMO style sections were great, but overall I think the original series was better. Just didn't seem as much fun, wasn't quite sure what it was but something felt missing.

I agree, the series did seem to work quite a bit better than the OVA.

Argh, about two thirds of the way through re-watching After Story at the moment and managed to mistime my break point so ended on watching one of the more harrowing episodes of the series :(

Soldato
Haha, well I'm currently taking a break between the two series to let them sink in, and so I appreciate them both as series rather than as a chain. Im currently watching another long series partially on my mates behalf, but after this it'll probably be Eureka 7 or AS :)

Soldato
Haha, well I'm currently taking a break between the two series to let them sink in, and so I appreciate them both as series rather than as a chain. Im currently watching another long series partially on my mates behalf, but after this it'll probably be Eureka 7 or AS :)

Problem with that is that they are really more of a single very big series split in two rather than two separate series. The story continues instead of a new story being covered.

edit:

Finished re-watching A Certain Magical Index earlier. A nice series which has some good elements but I find the Railgun series to be better overall, (Railgun just seems to have a more coherent plot overall). I felt that it had a good collection of characters but was let down by the actually plot at times ... the ideas were good but the implementation could have been better.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't worry Im not breaking from Clannad for too long, will be going back to it most likely by the weekend, just giving it time to let the last series sink in so the second half of the story is more effective.
Gives me a little time to dash through some material my mate wants me to watch, mostly filler so it wont take me too long haha

Soldato
Asobi ni Ikuyo

Well based on the conversation on the last page i'm half way through watching now.....and i loved it, my cup of tea :D

Pitty it's such a short series through. I'm a sucker for alien/magical girl meets normal boy anime. (like ToLove) Are their any more recommendations on this? So far i have watched

DearS
Chobits
ToLoveRu
Spice & Wolf

Soldato
Pitty it's such a short series through. I'm a sucker for alien/magical girl meets normal boy anime.
eureka seven
Zero no Tsukaima - can't get much more magical girl meets normal boy (well kind of - part of plot)
shakugan no shana - same female lead as zero
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou - not strictly girl meets boy but worth looking into
motto to love ru - now airing

thinking about it, there's a fair few out there but I can't remember all their names....

Soldato
eureka seven
Zero no Tsukaima - can't get much more magical girl meets normal boy (well kind of - part of plot)
shakugan no shana - same female lead as zero
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou - not strictly girl meets boy but worth looking into
motto to love ru - now airing

thinking about it, there's a fair few out there but I can't remember all their names....

Sora no Otoshimono (and its currently airing second series) springs to mind.

Last edited:
Soldato
forgot about that, you could add in to aru majutsu no index (second season), fortune arterial (vampires in a school - better than it sounds), the world god only knows (geek hunts spirits with spirit girl), otome yokai zakuro (human and half spirts) from this season alone (from what I'm watching!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom