BenQ XL2410 120Hz 3D LED official thread

Associate
120hz 2d :). from what ive read, my own conclusion its been made mostly for that
Fair enough, but I find looking at or comparing a XL2410T and a U2410 rather bizarre as one is clearly geared towards hardcore gaming with the likely disregard for colours/viewing angles etc, whilst the other is the opposite (although gaming on the U2410 is apparently meant to be pretty decent).

Soldato
Sounds like the ZR24w could have done with some calibrating.

From reading the TFTCentral review and looking at mine the monitor absolutely needs calibrating out the box. You can improve the image quality considerably if you have access to a proper calibrator, but if you don't it's hard to preserve the colour accuracy once you start playing about with the contrast. I still haven't had a chance to use mine since I'm waiting for the rest of my computer to arrive tomorrow. Grrr.

Associate
is there currently monitors that support HDMI @ 120hz?.

Im kinda scared if i buy this monitor, that in a matter of weeks/months they release a 120hz monitor that supports HD and nvision3d.

Saying that, the dual link dvi cable doesnt bother me, its more about the input lag,120hz and picture quality.

Associate
yeah, i just posted cause i saw that you made a comment on it on your website.

still awaiting this review though, it think its gonna make or break my decision to get one of these as i saw for the bog standard 2233rz only scored a mere 69%.

if i cant get this monitor next week (review dependent :D ) then i don't know where I'll turn or what monitor to wait/go for.

Soldato
Based on our scoring system 69% is actually quite good! :D Not fantastic but certainly was worth buying at the time. I am really looking forward to testing this XL2410T. As promised I'll have some initial impressions up (probably over the weekend or early next week) on these forums before the review is published.

Associate
Based on our scoring system 69% is actually quite good! :D Not fantastic but certainly was worth buying at the time. I am really looking forward to testing this XL2410T. As promised I'll have some initial impressions up (probably over the weekend or early next week) on these forums before the review is published.

ah, i see.

well i look forward to the review, based on 120hz performance though i will look to see if the benq justifies its £80+ price tag over the 2233rz.(which retails 185 inc p+p on another website)

Im sure it will having backlit led, bigger screen/res better colours, less input lag :p

Last edited:
Associate
(although gaming on the U2410 is apparently meant to be pretty decent).
Then I can have the best of both worlds!!

I have a Nikon D90 and do the occasional photography shots but Ive not really done that for some time. I may come back to it some time in the future?

Yes Pingu666, the reason for the Benq is purely for 120hz, some people say its brilliant!

Last edited:
Associate
The 120Hz performance is definitely the deal-maker for me with this monitor. If the reviews show that it doesn't compromise decent image quality, I think I will be buying it.

Soldato
Bad news. Thanks to City Link's utter incompetence the PC Monitors XL2410T review will commence on Wednesday 1st Dec instead of today. I also had a chat with BenQ's PR department - they only have 2 XL2410Ts in circulation and as you would imagine they are very highly sought after. FlatPanels HD has one of them (unless they are sourced from elsewhere) and we will have the other next week. Expect the reviews to start flooding in by Christmas.

Man of Honour
FlatPanels HD has one of them (unless they are sourced from elsewhere) and we will have the other next week. Expect the reviews to start flooding in by Christmas.

Flatpanels HD is Danish based so expect they deal with BenQ press over there, but expect there's a fair few sites trying to get hold of the new BenQ models. Sadly many will end up with a few lines of text as a "review", but glad yours will be more thorough than that! :)

Soldato
Well it wouldn't make much sense for BenQ's UK PR team to send anything over to Denmark. ;) In that case you're right - I imagine the other review unit it probably sitting at somebody's desk as they use it to game on extensively... Only to write a few lines about how cool the monitor is after they've sent it back. Shameful :( .

Soldato
does this monitor output 120hz by hdmi? I'm looking at replacing my 2233RZ for it as i'm currently unable to get 120hz through hdmi from my GX740 laptop which is a bit of a p**s take

Back
Top Bottom