OcUK Photo Comp - Season Nine : Round Eleven - "Community" DISCUSSION

Soldato
Our local Parish Council one is on the 13th, problem is we can see it from our door step (we're actually closer to the fireworks than the spectators) so getting the wife to make an effort and get down to where the people are will be difficult! :D

Soldato
I think twoblacklines' example pic is brilliant and certainly conformes to some definitions of the word.

–noun, plural -ties.
1. a social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.
2. a locality inhabited by such a group.

The common theme is they live in the same geographical location. So just living in that area together leads me to believe you can be part of a certain community even though you may not necessarily interact with all of the members. Alternatively the theme could be as below...

— n , pl -ties
2. a group of people having cultural, religious, ethnic, or other characteristics in common: the Protestant community

If you belong to a particular religious order for example, you are a member of that community even though you may not know everyone else in it.

Looking at wikipedia it mentions there were 94 discrete definitions by the mid-50's so it's certainly open to a lot of interpretation!

Soldato
25th & only 3 entries? Seems I'm not the only one struggling.

Really wanted to enter this months comp but I have zero ideas.

Went to the local town Xmas lights turn on last in the hope that I would get a suitable shot but alas nothing...:confused:

Soldato
Yeah, I went to a friends bonfire night last weekend to try and get some pics but got lost in the countryside with no phone battery. Ended up in the middle of no where walking through a random farmers field and rather scary forest following the distant explosion of fireworks in the hope that it might have been my friends house. Turns out it was, but I left my camera in the car which was parked in a ditch at the side of the road :(

Associate
Phew, i'm glad i'm not the only one struggling........I've finally got an idea but its going to have to be a slightly different slant on the theme from me, which probably won't work but I'll give it a go! :eek:

Associate
I was thinkin that some of the recent protests would be a great opportunity for this months theme. Sketch's is a nice photo, I know the guy is probably shouting some sort of meaningful chant, but I cant help thinking he's just having a big yawn.

Greedy's looks the part!

I'll have to start getting involved in these comps.

Back
Top Bottom