washing machine problem

Associate
Ive got a Hotpoint wdd 960 and its showing error f.05. Its Not The Obvious, Blocked Pipe. But is as simple as someone leant against it when it was in a cycle, it then made a couple of clicking noises and all lit up, flashing, then went to error f.05. It washes but dont drain, dont want to finish its cycle. Did not know if there was some sort of reset button or something i could do
Please Help
Regards Lole

Associate
# F05 - Pressure switch jammed on full - Check pump for blockages. take pump on machine and there be either pennies in there or something jamming the pump if not replace pump only about £20

Last edited:
Associate
Ive got a Hotpoint wdd 960 and its showing error f.05. Its Not The Obvious, Blocked Pipe. But is as simple as someone leant against it when it was in a cycle, it then made a couple of clicking noises and all lit up, flashing, then went to error f.05. It washes but dont drain, dont want to finish its cycle. Did not know if there was some sort of reset button or something i could do
Please Help
Regards Lole

That machine has a filter that is situated under the center of the machine. You can get to it either via the access plate on the rear or by pulling the machine forward and tipping backwards. Check the filter.

Associate
OP
Many thanx, took both pumps off didnt see anything there, blew into pump put it all back together turned it on and, hey presto. Whats that all about. How long do u think it will last.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Haha, that's awesome :D

When I worked at Dyson we were developing their washing machine. Most manufacturers have a full 'out of balance' scenario where the full weight of the load is concentrated on one side of the drum and the machine is on full spin. I think it was Hotpoint rigged up a machine so they could release the tub weights, which are the large concrete or iron weights on the outside of the tub to stop the machine jumping around. Apparently it jumped nearly 6 feet in the air! So watch out folks, if the weights break off yours, it'll wreck the kitchen :D

Associate
Many thanx, took both pumps off didnt see anything there, blew into pump put it all back together turned it on and, hey presto. Whats that all about. How long do u think it will last.

Water cooled pumps gradually fill up with the sludge that washing machines produce, your fix could last days, weeks, months ..................

Back
Top Bottom