BenQ XL2410 120Hz 3D LED official thread

Associate
Sounds like the ZR24w could have done with some calibrating. And it seems that BenQ has a hell of a lot of inter-panel variation. I hope you're pleased with the G2420HDBL - as you say it's £150 which makes it a budget monitor. If you get a good unit I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I will receive an XL2410T on Friday so I hope for the sake of my review I get a good unit, too.

Thanks!, but my bad luck continues. I received my G2420HDBL and it has the same vertical stripes and a dead a pixel on the middle right hand side. What's with these 24" TN panels. Think I'll just go back to 19" LCD's until the situation improves. They are not fit for gaming because of the awful banding. This one even has a round dirt mark on the right hand side, that can clearly be seen when there is motion. :mad: I now have to pay another £16 to send it back. At this rate I'm going to be broke before I get a decent monitor.:rolleyes:

Associate
120hz 2d :). from what ive read, my own conclusion its been made mostly for that

If you're not bothered about gaming, then you're probably better off with a decent ips/pva panel. The 120hz doesn't make that much difference, certainly not enough to justify buying a monitor for that reason alone.

Associate
Lots of people have been waiting in anticipation for a 120hz IPS panel and it looks like their dreams are about to come true. LG is preparing a 240hz IPS LED panel. Doesn't say when it will be available or how much, but I imagine it will be quite pricey. I wonder if the 240hz will overcome motion blur and ghosting, but somehow I doubt it. Should be better though.

LG preparing 23" IPS monitor with 240Hz and S3D.
http://www.nordichardware.com/news/...aring-23q-ips-monitor-with-240hz-and-s3d.html

Associate
Lots of people have been waiting in anticipation for a 120hz IPS panel and it looks like their dreams are about to come true. LG is preparing a 240hz IPS LED panel. Doesn't say when it will be available or how much, but I imagine it will be quite pricey. I wonder if the 240hz will overcome motion blur and ghosting, but somehow I doubt it. Should be better though.

LG preparing 23" IPS monitor with 240Hz and S3D.
http://www.nordichardware.com/news/...aring-23q-ips-monitor-with-240hz-and-s3d.html
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18210903

It's not true 240Hz, just 60Hz with frame interpolation, similar to the Mitsubishi MDT231WG.

Last edited:
Soldato
no reviews that I can find.

Benq eventually got back to me:

Thank you for your request.

We have 200 units coming into UK distribution w/c 6.12.10.
I appologise for you having to wait for this model however it has been in huge constraint and demand has far out stripped supply unfortunately.
Overclockers.co.uk and .... would be your best bet to get your unit from. We do not expect this model to be in free supply until mid January 2011.

Regards

Mark Adams

BenQ Europe

Soldato
So is it expected that there will be units left after the back orders are completed? Or will they all be gone?

I quite fancy ordering one but I dont wanna spend my cash now and have to wait a few months to get one :(

Soldato
does this monitor output 120hz by hdmi? I'm looking at replacing my 2233RZ for it as i'm currently unable to get 120hz through hdmi from my GX740 laptop which is a bit of a p**s take

I'm afraid it doesn't as it only supports HDMI 1.3 (so only 86Hz). 'HDMI 3D' as it is dubbed (also part of the 1.3x and 4 specification) will be included on the upcoming Acer HS244HQ.

ahh ok, i'm presuming this is the same for vga too?

Last edited:
Soldato
Only dual link DVI (which is the current standard for 120Hz monitors) and HDMI 1.3a or beyond will support 120Hz at native resolution. I think the first 120Hz monitor to use anything other than DVI dual-link will be the Acer HS244HQ that will utilise 'HDMI 3D'. Little else is known about the monitor though.

Soldato
I will wait for it to come in else where, i feel overclockers have let us down on this one by inflating the price because they had stock.

Well business is business I guess! I don't hold it against them lol :)

What I'd like to know is how many back orders they have :/ ie: if I order now, how long do I have to wait?

Back
Top Bottom