Asking for password

Associate
My laptop has started asking me for my password before it starts booting into windows. Its like a BIOS form. Its just a black screen with a blue box asking for my password which is the same one that i use to log in with when windows boots up.

How do i stop it from appearing?? Tryed looking through the BIOS to disable it but cant find how to.

Its a Toshiba satellite L300-1AQ laptop.

Associate
you need to find it in your bios it will properly be under security or something like that but it is certainly there, but the only way for it to ask for a password is for someone to add one to the system.

Associate
OP
The only options i get is set supervisor password, built in HDD password, set HDD password the other options are locked. By clicking on the options above all i can do i type in a password, i can actually disable it :(

Soldato
Makes sense you can't disable a password in bios.

I always recommend people with laptops enable any passwords so that if the laptop is stolen the thieves have to do some work before selling it on :p

Google will help you out with the password. :)

Associate
OP
i have formatted the hard drive and installed windows again and still asks for the password even tho i dont have a password to login into my account :(

Soldato
Is it an Acer by any chance

If so you could boot up with a hiren disc and look at the files in the PQservice partiton.

One of them in the root (.dat file) has the password in it.

You could also try six zero's - common one for acer.

Back
Top Bottom