Snow: Anyone know about the A1 south bound between Doncaster and Newark?

Permabanned
I wouldnt I drive for a living so I would say a confident driver in all weathers haha but the snow up here is horrendous! No gritters or plows on the motorways M62 and A1 it was suicidal. But had a nice warm coffee and GF waiting for me! So had to make the journy :D!!

Associate
Took me 5 hours to get from one side of Lincoln to the other, the queue was like one long conga line with the back end of cars stepping out one after the other just needed the radio station to play the music and it'd of been perfect.

Permabanned
Mine too!! Just dont do it, looking back I was stupid to even thing about making the journy, seriously bad out there. Unless you have a good 4x4 and snow chains or tyres, I would not even bother trying, you will get stuck somewhere guaranteed.

j0s

j0s

Associate
Took me 5 hours to get from one side of Lincoln to the other, the queue was like one long conga line with the back end of cars stepping out one after the other just needed the radio station to play the music and it'd of been perfect.

Wasn't bad for me, Tritton road was compacted down and like a ice rink at the traffic lights. worst issue i had was getting out of my drive, no grip at all.

Even though it states not to go out, surprising how many shoppers are still on the High Street.

If I had the choice, going into town would be the last thing on my mind

Associate
OP
Wasn't bad for me, Tritton road was compacted down and like a ice rink at the traffic lights. worst issue i had was getting out of my drive, no grip at all.

Even though it states not to go out, surprising how many shoppers are still on the High Street.

If I had the choice, going into town would be the last thing on my mind
I know people are not going to work but they're going shopping..

Back
Top Bottom