Fractal Design R3

Associate
Looks good :) only recomendation would be turn the HDDs around and hide the plugs :)

I actually did, the first time I elasticated them but they would slip down the back when I moved the case into its place then when I pulled them n straighten them the power cable came out so I had to take the other side off which is murder!

Last edited:
Associate
Are those Enermax UCTB12 T.B. fans Evil^, if so are they really as quiet as stated, got 11 of them coming :D & an 80mm version & the 140mm version to replace my enermax galaxy psu fans.

Nice job on the suspended HDD's too :cool:.

Associate
Are those Enermax UCTB12 T.B. fans Evil^, if so are they really as quiet as stated, got 11 of them coming :D & an 80mm version & the 140mm version to replace my enermax galaxy psu fans.

Nice job on the suspended HDD's too :cool:.

They are mate, after you said you'd get them I got took in by the 11db bit lol, they are really really quiet imo and they seem to do a decent job tbh, they replaced two noctuas I had to put in here aswell :)

I tried a different method on the hdds (one that was used in the g dubs project the carboot one) but with the limited space as both drive ways were filled it didn't go so good... as soon as I powered it on the vibration from the hdd cage slot things was driving me crazy :(

Last edited:
Associate
My one and only complaint about this case is 2x5.25" bays vs. 8 HDD bays. Come on now, what ordinary PC user would use 8 hard drives?

This case is designed more for a media pc/home server pc, hence the sound dampening and extra storage bays. But I do admit 1 or 2 hard drive bays could have be compromised for an extra 5.25" bay to make things a bit more balanced.

Last edited:
Associate
My one and only complaint about this case is 2x5.25" bays vs. 8 HDD bays. Come on now, what ordinary PC user would use 8 hard drives?

I've got 4 in mine at the moment and will probably add another soon. It would be more but I moved one to my parents machine. As for more 5.25" bays what's the point? Ehough room for a DVD/BD and a fan controller, what more would you want considering the isn't really enough room for a watercooling setup.

Associate
I am currently running 5 x 2TB harddrives and need a couple more for back-up, I prefer more HD bays than 5.25 bays

Associate
There support isn't too great but not too bad either, Had a conversation about the damaged side panel for about 2 days before he realised what exactly was wrong then in the last e-mail highlighted the second was damaged aswell, got up bright and early and they've sent me two replacements :)

Though why the hell it turned up like this ill never know... :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom