Uncharted 3 set in Africa? Teaser pic.

Associate
I think it's just me, but I thought Uncharted 2 was overrated. The enemy AI was terrible and the multiplayer was horrendous. Admittedly I did enjoy playing through the single player, but felt it was a 7 or 8 out of 10 as opposed to the "best game of the generation".

Associate
I'm sure he is, just a strange way of putting it.

I didn't make sick comments about his parents despite his sheep-like, follow the crowd, over the top fanboyism of generic third person AI-retarded action\adventure games. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
i got near the end (over 80% complete) and my save corrupted so i played it through again and still enjoyed it - signs of a good game when your forced to play it but still love it!!

this and lbp are what sets the ps3 above the 360 imo (sorry to sound fanboyish but i cant get on with the 360 exclusives bar forza)

Soldato
Tell me, i'm a little late in the picture, cos i'm only getting round to playing Uncharted 2, and i'm on some stupid long train that just goes on forever and ever.. How much more of the game have I got before i complete it.(without giving me any spoilers).

Caporegime
Tell me, i'm a little late in the picture, cos i'm only getting round to playing Uncharted 2, and i'm on some stupid long train that just goes on forever and ever.. How much more of the game have I got before i complete it.(without giving me any spoilers).

Is this the part where you've just gone through the trainyard? If so, quite a few hours left.

Soldato

Loads left to do, but the best bits still to come :D

In fact I'd say that's no more than half-way.

Last edited:
Associate
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/12/09/uncharted-3-first-look/

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/12/09/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-teaser-hits/

The story focuses on the hero’s relationship with his mentor and father figure, fan fave Victor “Sully” Sullivan, and has him searching for a legendary lost city that will ultimately take him to the Arabian Peninsula and the vast wasteland of the Rub’ al Khali Desert, also known as the Empty Quarter.

The plot of Uncharted 3 draws more from Drake’s exploits as well as from the life of T.E. Lawrence – not from his militant days as the fabled “Lawrence of Arabia,” but rather the Brit’s early years as an archaeologist.

The execs at Naughty Dog walked us through one of the game’s levels, and while we can’t tell you anything about the locale (it actually wasn’t the desert), we can tell you that it was quintessential Uncharted, marked by dynamic camera work and gameplay that requires you to jump and climb through treacherous spaces that are in an almost constant state of change — or in this case, catastrophic collapse. Innovations? Several, including enhanced backward climbing and the ability to fight multiple baddies at once. Finally, Wells stressed that much time and effort is being lavished upon expanding Uncharted’s online multiplayer and co-op capabilities, too; expect more details to come in the coming months

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's just me, but I thought Uncharted 2 was overrated. The enemy AI was terrible and the multiplayer was horrendous. Admittedly I did enjoy playing through the single player, but felt it was a 7 or 8 out of 10 as opposed to the "best game of the generation".

I had no real issues with the AI, but did find it completely lacking when it came to any sense of discovery and exploration - which is odd considering how influenced Uncharted is by Indiana Jones. Excellent action game, but I wish it wasn't so easy and that we weren't hand held through the whole thing.

Associate
4fq8ze1291915514599.jpg

HYPE.

Apparently there will be a live demo next week on some TV show I think on the 13th, if that's the case I'm expecting quite big reveal at VGA's.

Back
Top Bottom