World Cup Hosts 2018

Soldato
Congrats to Russia, personally I'm glad for them. That part of the world has never hosted a World Cup before, football has come a long, long way recently in Eastern Europe, and there are some fantastic cities there as well. If I can afford it, I'm going.

Yeah, congrats!

Think it'll be a great world cup there. Russia & Iberia deserve it more than England!

Caporegime
What is it going to be like for the African countries in Russia! They are one of the most racist people around! I can see it being a horrendous WC.

Man of Honour
Qatar seems like an insane choice to me, in the summer months it regularly hits 100-110 degrees there, wouldnt be at all surprised to see a fatality on the pitch in those conditions.

Man of Honour
Technical presentation does not count, $$$$$$$$ in FIFA’s executive committee’s pockets does. Nothing new there. The is only one option left for us and that is to go and win one.

daz

daz

Soldato
Anyone fancy going to Qatar for a world cup?

I doubt even the players will enjoy that. Will they be playing during the day?

Soldato
Fifa have started a campaign to kick racisim out of football, only 5 months ago the Dinamo Moscow fans unfurl a banner mocking Peter Odemwingie with a banana.

Dick Advocaat states he couldn't sign a black player for Zenit St Petersburg, out of fear of the fans backlash.

Hmmm.

Associate
I don't understand, why Qatar?
It's a Muslim state. Women aren't allowed to wear bikinis! Alcohol's banned?
Are they going to un-Islamify the state during the Cup?

I've got a feeling more money exchanged hands here, specifically between the Sheik/Abramovic and Blatter. Just my opinion...

Soldato
The most confusing thing about choosing Russia is that arguably football's biggest campaign is getting racism out of football, it's mindblowing that they'd present arguably the worst nation in the world for this, with the World Cup. Not to mention the hooligans.

Associate
Qatar? 90% of the fans will be locked up by tournament's end. Can you even drink or kiss in public there?

The laws of Qatar tolerate alcohol to a certain extent. However, the few bars and nightclubs in Qatar operate only in expensive hotels and clubs, much Distribution Company, the only importer and retailer for alcohol in Qatar. Under Qatar's Sharia, it is illegal to show alcohol or be drunk in public.

Should be fun :D

Man of Honour
Congrats to Russia, personally I'm glad for them. That part of the world has never hosted a World Cup before, football has come a long, long way recently in Eastern Europe, and there are some fantastic cities there as well. If I can afford it, I'm going.

Agree! I'm gutted that we didn't get it but I'm sure Russia will benefit immensely from it. England, as one of my friends said, is 'too easy'.

Back
Top Bottom