UGG Boots ...

Soldato
Does it matter if they are fake as long as they look the same? They'll be out of fashion before they fall apart.

The fakes look identical, but use alternative materials, less insides, not real ugg wool used, synthetic derivatives, hard to tell the difference looking, at the boot or at a picture, but the fakes can be replicas only with very different materials, which you will know when you stick your foot in it I guess.

The ones at 60-120 are all fakes, only real ones are at the high price OP.

I know, I've been caught out.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;17925527 said:
Ironically the fake ones are real and the official ones are fake.

The official 'Ugg Australia' ones that girls seem obsessed with are actually made in China. There are numerous other non 'Ugg Australia' ones actually made IN Australia, but apparently these are not 'the right ones'.

I kinda wish I'd known this before I toured every ugg shop on the east coast of Australia looking for genuine ones and not trusting shop owners who kept telling me they dont sell the genuine ones as they are not Australian made.

You're almost right ;). Ugg is just a type of boot in Australia and there are many different companies who make them, other brands over here include Emu and Just Sheepskin. Some people prefer the other brands of Uggs to Ugg Australia and there are differences in build quality between those made in Australia and China.

There are however a lot of fake Ugg Australia boots and as they are an imitation they are bad. It can be difficult to tell the difference between genuine and fake Ugg Australia boots, if you're buying online only buy from a stockist listed on the company website.

Soldato
So the ones ive been looking at on one website are priced up at £60 but on another (and one of these is listed as an official online retailer) are £190+ are fake?

The £60 are fake, but made with the actual factory template, using different materials for some part of the boot.
You will be dissapointed.
From email convos with support staff I got the impression the same factory was churning out both real and fake, selling the fakes at 1/3rd price directly online.
and yet 'genuine' ugg company uggs are made in china.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

We breed Alpacas (the fur that lines these boots).

Buy a set of wellies and I'll chuck you some fur - win win.

Caporegime
So, Ugg boots can't still be fashionable, can they? I spend a fair amount of time in OZ and virtually no one wears them so I guess it's a UK thing.

Thinking about it, didn't this trend finish circa 2005?

Also, Fox is right regarding validity of 'true' Uggs.

Back
Top Bottom