At last, a new 360 wheel (Fanatec)

Soldato
Those crazy Germans are at it again...

Posted on the blog.

After getting so much positive feedback I don't want to dissapoint you and let you know that something nice is on the way.

We actually developed a new Xbox 360 compatible wheel and it is even on the way to USA and EU right at this moment.

Let me be mean and don't give you all the specs and pics right away. I will post several hints until you get the "full picture".

Hint 1: It is again the top of the line product at Fanatec

Hint 2: Just like the PWTS Pure it will be offered as a standalone wheel as well as in different bundles.

Hint 3: It is not orange and has no yellow stripe in the middle of the wheel rim

Hint 4: It is licensed by a German sports car maker (surprise, surprise!. But don't worry this will not make the wheel significantly more expensive. Just more beautiful. (Hint inside hint: Nobody guessed the correct model yet)

Hint 5: It will have illuminated buttons and that means...?

Hint 6: The logo of the car shows a black horse

Hint 7: One component of the wheel can only be made in Italy and another one we get directly from the UK

Hint 8: The colour of the base is named after something which is 1000 times faster than the car itself

Some good news at last, as long as its cross platform, it would be well worth investing in.

Soldato
Been looking at this past couple of days I wonder when they'll start shipping them out because by the sounds of things it's ready. Hope it works on 360 and PS3 like the turbo s wheel! I'm dying for a cross platform wheel that won't cost the world. Will go very nicely with my GamePOD GT2!

There is a compo on the site in the blog.

Soldato
OP
I posted about this on Thursday, but it seems to have gotten buried.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18189291

Did they ever fix inadvertent shifting by flexing of the PWTS wheel?

Flexing? Is this common, my PWTS is pretty solid, it has almost no flex, and seems in line with the GT3 RS v2 I've also tried? If it is an issue, I'm sure they'll fix it, hell if the new wheel offers anything over the PWTS, I'll put that up for sale, it's nice that they come with 2 years warranty and they are very serviceable items..

Associate
The original GT3 RS has a different design. The paddle shifter mechanism is independent from the wheel and on the PWTS it flexes part of the wheel body.

You can see the differences here from 3:03 onwards

Soldato
OP
Ahh, I see.. I have noticed the paddles seemed very pre-loaded and had no play in them at all..

Is it a problem? I've not heard of any widespread issues, I've certainly had none, or the 5 or so other people I know with the wheel? Or is it the design of it you don't like?

Still, I'm sure Fanatec will do the right thing..

Soldato
Is this post not ancient?

Sound like they're describing the 911 Turbo S to me :S

EDIT: Nvm, I didn't realise what PWTS was :D

Soldato
I already have a G27 so i just want a decent wheel for the 360 that doesn't cost the earth, 911 Turbo S was really expensive and not even avaliable in the UK

Soldato
I already have a G27 so i just want a decent wheel for the 360 that doesn't cost the earth, 911 Turbo S was really expensive and not even avaliable in the UK

The turbo s was available in the UK as I have one along with the clubsport pedals. Will be betting the new gt2 wheel and selling the turbo s with standard pedals when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom