BenQ XL2410 120Hz 3D LED official thread

Soldato
Just to confirm for those of you who are clever enough not to follow my website on twitter - we are hoping for the XL2410T to arrive today. It was supposed to come on Friday but CityLink messed up. Now they have some very nasty weather to contend with as well so I'm not sure whether it will materialise.

Associate
yep, just one interface on the monitor but the cable has more pins. your graphics card must also have a dual-link DVI output

Sorry, just another question on this.
it uses one cable, one input on the monitor but does it split into two at the graphics i.e. use both dvi outputs on the card ?

Soldato
Just a quick update on this. I still haven't received the monitor as City Link are apparently having major problems at the depot where it is stored. Considering other couriers are braving the snow in similar locations I think it's just an excuse. Either way I am not sure when we will have the XL2410T sample. Sorry guys :(.

Associate
As an english pdf manual is nowhere to be found for this monitor on Benq website, could some lucky owner tell me :

- Do PS3 stereoscopic games work with it through HDMI input, or through DVI with a HDMI to DVI adaptor ? Theorically it should since PS3 uses HDMI 1.3 just like this monitor, and the latter should be able to output 120hz whether the video source comes from DVI or HDMI.

- Does the PIP mode also work in portrait mode with one picture above and the other below ?

Associate
I have found a recent review, albeit it's in Chinese. http://www.enet.com.cn/article/2010/1202/A20101202789413.shtml It's 8 pages long with plenty of pictures.

This is my interpretation of the translated version, so take this with a pinch of salt: Overall, the colour is very decent, and there is no smearing/ghosting when it comes to fast motion in films. It doesn't seem they tested this monitor with games, which seems a waste. Though in the summary, they said this monitor is for "high-end gamers", but we knew that already. Blacks and whites are satisfactory. That's all I can really get from that reviews. Hopefully flatpanelHD will have their online soon.

Associate
I have found a recent review, albeit it's in Chinese. http://www.enet.com.cn/article/2010/1202/A20101202789413.shtml It's 8 pages long with plenty of pictures.

This is my interpretation of the translated version, so take this with a pinch of salt: Overall, the colour is very decent, and there is no smearing/ghosting when it comes to fast motion in films. It doesn't seem they tested this monitor with games, which seems a waste. Though in the summary, they said this monitor is for "high-end gamers", but we knew that already. Blacks and whites are satisfactory. That's all I can really get from that reviews. Hopefully flatpanelHD will have their online soon.
"BenQ XL2410T outstanding performance in the color scale, 256 color scale only a few blind, color reproduction is relatively good, fairly good results."

"In the faster the film scene, the picture does not appear smear, excellent color reproduction performance, general performance in the light and shade control."

Just to highligt.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just spoken with a friend who works for Zowie regarding this monitor, he has spoken with one of the head guys over at benQ

Sorry for my late replay! I assume it is the XL monitor you what some info about.

Max refresh rate VGA – 120hz
Max refreshrate HDMI – 120hz
For 120hz 3D you need DVI-DL cable

BR

Marcel

So going by that the monitor will support 120hz by both HDMI and DVI just not 3d ::confused:

Associate
i couldn't hold back much longer on the much anticipated PCM2 review, so i purchased the monitor and it should be here on Thursday! :)

I didn't buy it from overclockers, i just figured by the amount of demand that its in and that no one has much stock, then i better get one while they're hot :D

Last edited:
Soldato
i couldn't hold back much longer on the much anticipated PCM2 review, so i purchased the monitor and it should be here on Thursday! :)

I didn't buy it from overclockers, i just figured by the amount of demand that its in and that no one has much stock, then i better get one while they're hot :D

Good choice. City Link have utterly failed and I haven't even received the damn thing yet and have no idea when I will. Probably when I need to be doing other things no doubt. Let me know how you find it when it comes :).

Back
Top Bottom