**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Some awesome knockouts in Strikeforce last night.

I recommend watching Fredson Paixao vs. Pablo Garza from TUF12 last night if no-one saw it.

edit: oh didn't realise there was a TUF thread. my bad.

Was the Paixao fight televised ?

Just finished watching the Strikeforce card, wow. Really fun fights and props to Mike Kyle

Permabanned
Evening gents, is there any way besides ESPN to watch UFC 124 in England...It looks possible to order it through the UFC website but I had some confusion as it made it seem like it wasn't available for purchase in the UK?

Has anyone watched it on ine or ordered it over the net?

Cheers

SMN

SMN

Soldato
Wow - anyone watch Strikeforce Henderson vs Babalu 2? Seriously - watch the Paul Daley v Scott Smith and the Robbie Lawler vs Matt Lindland - great card so far and i'm only 1:15 minutes into it!

Soldato
WEC event was great but that pettis flying kick... im not sure I thought u were unable to use the cage to get leverage over an oponent ?

I see people kicking off it when on the ground but bouncing of it to get height is surely illegal ?

Or is this a new trend for superman-kicks rather then a superman punch ?

I think the decision might have been un-just if it wasnt for that move, either way his performance was stellar.

Looking forward too seening UFC in 2011.... is only gonna get better.

Soldato
OP
UFC 129 in Toronto Will Feature Randy Couture vs. Lyoto Machida
Posted on January 2, 2011 by Ken Pishna
Former multi-time and multi-weight class UFC champion Randy Couture was all but set to retire if he didn’t get a fight that interested him.

Randy Couture at UFC 109
“If the right fight came along and again, by the right fight, I mean, one of the two guys I’ve been interested in fighting for quite a while now are either Shogun or Machida,” Couture told MMAWeekly.com in December.

“If they offered me either one of those fights tomorrow, I’d take either one of them,” he added.

Well, the right fight came along, and he accepted.

Following UFC 125 on Saturday night, MMAFighting.com reported that Couture was expected to fight Lyoto Machida, and that Couture confirmed the fight. Independent MMAWeekly.com sources also confirmed the fight, although we were unable to reach Couture at the time of publication.

The two will meet on April 30 at UFC 129 in Toronto, the promotion’s first trip to Canada’s largest city.

The hope is to have countryman and UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre headline UFC 129 against Jake Shields, although that fight has yet to be confirmed by Ultimate Fighting Championship officials.

There was speculation the UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez would also defend his belt against Junior Dos Santos on the card, but that fight won’t even be a consideration for UFC 129 now that Velasquez has revealed a rotator cuff injury.

-What a way to possibly end a legendary career. This will be a very tough fight for Couture but if anyone can get Machida to the ground its "Capt. America". I dont see Couture retiring if he wins this fight though.

Soldato
Looks like we have a HW tournament happening in Strikeforce this year, the brackets are as follows:

Fedor/Silva
Overeem/Werdum

Barnett/Rogers
Arlovski/Kharitoniv

Relatively easy ride there for Barnett and could possibly give us Fedor/Barnett or Overeem/Barnett in the finals !

Scott Coker has said that the title will be defended in every round of the tournament as well.

Soldato
Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix......

That is exactly what strikeforce needed badly, they need to start releasing more regular MMA events , I know a lot of people prefer ufc and associate it directly with MMA sport but strikeforce got some good fighters and great events, heres hoping they get bigger and better for 2011.

Fedors got 4 fights on his contract so alls looking well :)

Dispite UFC heavyweights looking shallow for 2011 maybe brock will bounce back along with his new book :)

Soldato
im so pumped for this tournament going to be amazing!

Who do people think will win? I find it hard to see anyone other than Reem but who knows.

I'm gonna call a final consisting of either Fedor or Reem against Barnett.

Will be rooting for Reem the whole way though, my boy Arlovski is passed his prime now :(

Back
Top Bottom