• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1st GTX570 Review !!!

Soldato
Actually, judging from their own benchmarks it performs exactly the same as a 480 and is worse off in some cases.

I really don't understand the 580 & 570 in all honesty.

Soldato
Well given the price vs. performance on this card I'd hope it overclocks well or you may as well just buy two GTX460's for £250.

Well actually saying that this will be available for £275ish so if you don't have the PSU for two card or can't be bothered with all the messing around with two cards then maybe it's better than it first looks.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I noticed the price as well $349.99 should translate to £222 + vat=£260 ish so £275 seems right but no doubt these will get price gouged in the first week as:

1: Nvidia will destroy the GTX480 inventory prices if they sell these too cheaply a lot of unhappy etailors will struggle to unload their stock.

2: Price will drop 2nd week to counter anything ATI have.

For £275 ish when prices settle its a stonking card for the amount of performance it offers & will probably be £250 or less within a month :D

Soldato
OP
Here's hoping the prices of new 480s will have to drop a bit more when these are released. :D
They will but the GTX570 is a better buy as its cooler & quieter & uses less power. GTX480 will be hard to sell now for a decent price so for anyone in the market its a great time as you get to choose between the GTX570 or slightly cheaper GTX480 (which needs a decent HSF otherwise they can be very noisy in the wrong case).

Soldato
Yeah I noticed the price as well $349.99 should translate to £222 + vat=£260 ish so £275 seems right but no doubt these will get price gouged in the first week as:

1: Nvidia will destroy the GTX480 inventory prices if they sell these too cheaply a lot of unhappy etailors will struggle to unload their stock.

2: Price will drop 2nd week to counter anything ATI have.

For £275 ish when prices settle its a stonking card for the amount of performance it offers & will probably be £250 or less within a month :D

You are right, some places will gouge but I already confirmed that it will be as cheap as £273 inc. VAT from later this morning. No idea what OCUK are gonna price it it but given they probably sell more graphics cards than anyone else in the UK for an e-tailor I hope to see some sensible prices.

Time will tell however. :cool:

Associate
Here's hoping the prices of new 480s will have to drop a bit more when these are released. :D

I doubt 480 prices will go low enough to make a 480 a better buy than the 570. Remember what happened to NVDA cards when the ATi 5000's came out, the price actually went up as NVDA EOL'd them. I presume because of the SLI issues., but they did eventually sell most of them.

EDIT: I know this may not mean much to some of you as it is the US and in US dollars but the 570 is selling for $349 and the least expensive 480 is $429.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom