Computer freezing at boot up

Associate
Hi all. I bougt a zbox from ocuk about a month ago. However it has caused a hassel by freezing constantly. I've formatted the hard drive, changed from using xp to vista (thought it may be a problem with OS) but problem still occurres. I am using 500gb hard drive from samsung and 2gb ram. I cannot do much with the pc, as it usually is freezing before i can install softwares for my bardwares. Please advise me on what to do?

Associate
Can you get quicky into the pc? if so try this.

Start > right click my computer > properties > Advanced tab > Startup and recovery > Settings > Untick the automatic restart button and apply.

Maybe your computer is BSOD but you dont see it as its just restarting itself.

Get the BSOD STOP code or any other useful information, then you can search google or post here.

If not, try booting up in safe mode, does the problem still occur?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've tried above and the computer still freezes. Now i'm installing vusta again after formattimg the hard drive. Could it be that the mwmory is gone bust? If so, how would i check/know that it is?

Thankyou

Associate
I've tried above and the computer still freezes. Now i'm installing vusta again after formattimg the hard drive. Could it be that the mwmory is gone bust? If so, how would i check/know that it is?

Thankyou

you would have to run a program called MEMTEST which is a bootable CD that you burn the ISO onto yourself. run it for 3 hours for a stable test

Associate
OP
Hmm seems it may be due to over heating problem? I have left the cover off and the computer is running fine... Any long term suggestions?

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom