Failed humour

Man of Honour
I had a moment at college (for a professional qualification) recently during a case study when about 20 of us were sat down in a classroom:

Tutor: "What other method can shareholder utilise to get back at the directors?"

Classmate 1: "Can she use the provisions of the Financial Services and Markets Act in regards to financial promotion?"

Tutor: "mmm no that's not right. It's quite an obvious solution...."

Classmate 2: "... part 5 of the Companies Act 2006?"

Tutor: "No.. no... c'mon guys, it's really obvious"

Me: *stands up and raises arm in the air* "KILLING SPREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee!!!!"

The tutor was practically the only one that laughed. **** my life :o :(

Associate
I remember drilling a hole in a wall in some office somewhere, and the woman said "I'm surprised you don't go deaf with the racked!", I said "What?" and she said "I'm surprised you don't go deaf with the racked!", I said "What?" and started laughing and she just looked at me funny.

So you were asking her what she meant by the word "racked"?

Associate
Is it fair to assume she didn't understand because she's a female receptionist?

I'm sure a woman who works in a gym has heard more than her share of innuendo and vulgar remarks.

My bet is she just didn't find it funny and had probably heard it before.

OG

OG

Associate
If someone said that to me I probably wouldn't know what to say? But i think it comes down to town of voice.. if you said it really seriously and dead pan she probably though you were a sex offender :D

Caporegime
Is it fair to assume she didn't understand because she's a female receptionist?

I'm sure a woman who works in a gym has heard more than her share of innuendo and vulgar remarks.

My bet is she just didn't find it funny and had probably heard it before.

True, but then why tell him he's in the ladies changing room?:confused:

I though the reply was funny, just not sure if she was trying to joke or not.

Back
Top Bottom