AMC's 'The Walking Dead' - Frank Darabont zombie TV show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
lol talk about a thread going south.... just skip past anything that looks spoilerish and move on ;)

This threads about talking about episodes and not everyones gonna watch it in order or every week lol

Anyhow we got season 2 confirmed for fall 2011.... gonna be a massive wait sadly for us fans !

Caporegime
Can we see sense and change the rules then ? :)

MW

Why? They are the rules.

Don't post anything about non UK aired episodes. Free reign over UK aired episodes.

Even with spoiler tags (which I assume is at you mean) pre UK aired episode discussion will probably still not be allowed.

Associate
Im loving it, its awesome.

Its exactly what a zombie apocalypse should be like and im loving where its going.

Brother should get more comic volumes for christmas so might read those if he does see how it compares but really not bothered if its different the story is awesome anyway's just glad it seems like theres no where safe and it really is a case of hoping you dont run into the zombies instead of the usual arc of zombie stories where they find somewhere perfect, if this makes sense to people lol may just be rambling.

Associate
October 2011 is a long time to wait for the second series :( Mind you, I have not even watched episodes 5 and 6 yet.
I really hope this can keep going though. I am just so disappointed about the first series only having 6 episodes.

Man of Honour
Right, Infractions are now being handed out for people who post info about shows that have not yet aired in the UK. It's unfair on other users and breaks forum rules.

If you see any then please RTM it.

Cant say I am surprised, it was really only a matter of time before people started getting banned for it.

As I've said a million times before, why is it so hard to follow rules for some people, especially such simple and straight forward rules, dont agree with the rules then dont post. Simple. If it was me I would dish out life bans, not necessarily for the particular rule broken but simply for breaking the rules so everyone should be thankful its not my forum ;)

Caporegime
I not seen the last one yet but how is it a spoiler what captain_slick said, they said they were going there in the previous one.

You obviously didn't see everything that he wrote. He mentioned a specific incident.

If it was me I would dish out life bans, not necessarily for the particular rule broken but simply for breaking the rules so everyone should be thankful its not my forum ;)

Not a businessman then, are you. This forum is first and foremost, a marketing tool for its owners. Dishing out life bans willy-nilly could pee your customers off somewhat. That's why it's called 'moderating'.

Man of Honour
Not a businessman then, are you. This forum is first and foremost, a marketing tool for its owners. Dishing out life bans willy-nilly could pee your customers off somewhat. That's why it's called 'moderating'.

You're right, I'm not a businessman. However its hardly "willy-nilly" is it? I mean we arent talking about simply randomly banning people, we're talking about banning repeat offenders, which seems entirely reasonable to me. What percentage of the users on here do you think repeatedly break the rules? 2%? Or do you think its massively more widespread than that? One could even take it further and ask what percentage of the posters here are actually "customers" as well, I'd wager quite a lot of posters have probably never bought anything off Overclockers , or are ever likely to.

Last edited:
Commissario
Come on, it's not that difficult really is it? The rules aren't going to change, just think before you post - really not asking much.

Man of Honour
Come on, it's not that difficult really is it? The rules aren't going to change, just think before you post - really not asking much.

Indeed, its not like its a complex 6 page rule. Its virtually a single sentence rule. Anyone with any modicum of understanding should be able to very easily adhere to it

Caporegime
You're right, I'm not a businessman. However its hardly "willy-nilly" is it? I mean we arent talking about simply randomly banning people, we're talking about banning repeat offenders

Are we? You never mentioned that in your previous post. In which case you are saying you would change nothing, as repeat offenders can already be punished with a life ban :confused:.

Indeed, its not like its a complex 6 page rule. Its virtually a single sentence rule. Anyone with any modicum of understanding should be able to very easily adhere to it

Clearly the actual understanding of the rule is not the issue. It's blindingly obvious to state that the rule is easy to understand. It's the reading and the acting upon it, that's the issue.

Man of Honour
Are we? You never mentioned that in your previous post. In which case you are saying you would change nothing, as repeat offenders can already be punished with a life ban :confused:.

My apologies, when discussing this topic before on the forums I have always specified repeat offenders (usually saying 1 warning) , think I said that earlier in this thread too. This post around I neglected the repeated offender part, in future I will make more of an effort to repeat myself and stay consistent.

Repeat offenders "can" be already punished, but this thread alone is perhaps evidence that "can" doesnt always translate into "will". I would change it from "can" to "will", so I would change something. Thats just me though and just how I run things.

Clearly the actual understanding of the rule is not the issue. It's blindingly obvious to state that the rule is easy to understand. It's the reading and the acting upon it, that's the issue.

Indeed it is, and much as with any rule breaking in life, if that lack of following the rules isnt "punished" then the individual doing it will simply continue to do so.

Soldato

It's not difficult, just pointless posting in an old thread. It's like starting a thread about last weeks football results :(

Can we open a new thread and have UK and US, that way people won't get confused or read spoilers ?

It's a shame series 1 has already finished after 6 episodes :(

MW

Soldato

Makes no sense what so ever.

Come on lets face it its not hard is it? Its not been aired in the UK yet therefore its a spoiler and it shouldnt be posted. There is no grey area here, its not hard to understand at all, no amount of education is required other than being able to read and have some very basic neandathol level common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom