• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

overclock a E2180

Associate
OP
i have a CoolerMaster TX3 if that is big enough?
and what voltage do i need to get to 3.0GHz?
what temprature is good and what is too high?

sorry for all the questons, i have only ever oveclocked AMD, not a clue about intel overclocking ability

Associate
Any cooler apart from the stock will do the job!
Every overclock you do run a burn test for a few hours to test for stability.
When it becomes unstable just bump the voltage a notch and test again.
Try to keep temps below the 80's

Associate
OP
so it would work at
voltage : 1.328v
FSB : 300
and i would brobably have to lower my ram because i am not sure about the overclocking ability of the ram, it isnt good

Associate
I used to have that board and chip and I got either 3.0 or 3.1 I believe but the volts were north of 1.4 but my memory is not serving me well atm. I do remember that board having pretty bad vdroop though

You might have better luck as the chip I had was not the best. While that board overclocks pretty well remember its very basic so you gotta watch chipset temps as you most likely will have to bump the volts on the NB a notch. Remember to lower your ram speed to make sure you take it out of the equation while overclocking. I used a AC Freezer pro so I would use that TX3 because the stock if I remember right was crap.

Just do not go past 1.5 in cpuz for 24/7 use. I am pretty sure I had bios set to 1.525 with cpuz showing 1.43ish to 1.45 but as I said I cannot remember exactly as it has been a while.

Associate
Someone did some tests on this forum years ago and found that overclocking the RAM does squat-all difference, the C2D's bus gets clogged even with slow RAM. So if it helps stability leave your RAM at stock and push your CPU a bit further, I've had mine up to 3.2, dropped it to 2.8 recently cause my motherboard started kicking the bucket (was getting weird errors on boot, you can check out some of the threads I started asking advice about it if you're curious, I'm on a Gigabyte P35 DS3).
I just use ctrl-prtscr and paste them into Paint to get a screenshot.

Back
Top Bottom