Working Christmas

Soldato
Who works over the xmas period and bank holidays.

Do you have no choice to work.

Is it voluntary.

For me,i made the choice to work on xmas day...as money was just to mad to turn down..

1. Not me
2. I have a choice. Always do
3. No

I was offered a contract over Christmas that runs from the 21st all the way to Jan the 6th. Would've been paid many thousands of pounds, but turned it down before I even heard figures. Just incase temptation got in the way :p

Soldato
Well i have to do it. Every member of staff is expected to work 4 hours xmas day. Its the one thing they made clear in my interview.

But to be honest im not overly keen on what they got me working over xmas :(

Xmas eve 5pm-11pm @ normal pay
Xmas day 7am-11am @ double time
Boxing day 5pm-11pm @ time and half

But new years eve im on 7am-3pm and new years day 11pm-7am on the nightshift so at least i can get hammerd new year and not have to go in work until 11pm :D

Soldato
I've worked retail the past few years so usually just got Xmas day off and that was it. However, I now have a "proper" job and have the 23rd to the 28th off - all Paid :cool:

Soldato
got 3 days off christmas day ,boxing day and the day after then 3 days off at new year , personally i like the time with the family but i also cant wait for the the christmas and new year period to end.

i really like wakeing up new years day (with a hangover) and thinking to myself thank god thats it for a year

Soldato
Just booked 3 weeks off work using my least year's holiday days, not back till the 16th but that's for the Christmas do. Back in the new year, otherwise we would have to work, **** that, it's Xmas. :)

Soldato
self employed taxi driver :)

haven't decided whether i'll work or not yet.

will be working right up to xmas eve, might come out on xmas day after the present opening for a while though, see if i can be bothered or not

Back
Top Bottom