• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did Nvidia Hire Online Actors to Promote Their Products?

Man of Honour
I AM SPARTACUS!

sekret.gif

(smiley added just in case Jokester gets jiggy with the banhammer)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey D.P,

I'm not sure if there has been some confusion on your behalf? . . . if so thats fine and your can fully retract all your previous statements and make your position very clear . . . but if not it would appear you are practicing some kind of Sophism and trying to concoct a specious argument to condone the use of underhand tactics, deception and unethical behavior in our community? . . .

I find it hard to believe that you would condone any "manipulative" tactics as your an old-school OcUK community member and I'm pretty sure you have everyones best interests at heart right? :)

Where have I ever said it is right or wrong

"Its completely normal" #26

"Its marketing" #27

"Its not deception and it is not false advertising" #45

"If people are paid to go on a forum and help people otu with Nvidia graphics cards and show benchmarks by 3rd party websites then that is all perfectly normal business" #45

"It is marketing. You ever seen a TV advert in your life?" #45

"This is common practice for many manufactures in many industries" #58

"I can sleep soundly at night knowing AMD and Nvidia pay people to hang around on forums" #58

"it is a well known practice used by numerous companies across the world for a long time now" #73

Your replying to people who think that its not a right thing to do & with your not buying then comments with some how we should just accept it without question.

He's actually trying to justify it, how he thinks this kind of deceptive practice is ok

Don
Does he say it is right or wrong though?, not looked in all the posts but he just seems to be saying it goes on. I read a post earlier trying to put it in the same context as murder.
Murder goes on all the time that does not make it ok & its nothing todo with being naive.

Soldato
Does he say it is right or wrong though?, not looked in all the posts but he just seems to be saying it goes on. I read a post earlier trying to put it in the same context as murder.

An analogy does not have be to be in the same context of severity at all when the context is just simply understanding right from wrong & no he is not just saying it goes on as it would not need so many comments to do so.
And that comment has already been explained & subsequent comments have nothing to with what i said there.

And you better read through all the post because it seems your comments are going over ground that we have already covered & will only lead to repetition.

Last edited:
Don
An analogy does not have be to be in the same context of severity at all when the context is just simply understanding right from wrong & no he is not just saying it goes on as it would not need so many comments to do so.
And that comment has already been explained & subsequent comments have nothing to with what i said there.

And you better read through all the post because it seems your comments are going over ground that we have already covered & will only lead to repetition.

Ahh that may explain it then, i shall have a full read of the thread later tonight!

Soldato
Biffa :D

Oh and if nvidia/intel are watching trust me and I'll get you my bank details, DD okay with you guys?

This. In fact Nvidia, Intel, AMD, ARM, VIA, Samsung, Corsair, MSI, Gigabyte, HP, Dell, Apple, Microsoft, Google, I'm not picky guys. :p

Edit: Might have to draw the line at Apple, actually. I think there's too much competition in that sector already.

Last edited:
Soldato
It makes sense nvidia and any other company would do this kind of thing. I would have no problem if it was not false advertisement like fanboys with there nvidia is great and they have no faults kind of posts. People pushing the technology for its good points is good advertising and i would not fault any company for them doing something like this.

Soldato
You don't Nvidia actors coming into this enthusiast forum and talking crap ?

What happened again ? am I the only person thats not getting paid ?

Last edited:
Soldato
You don't Nvidia actors coming into this enthusiast forum and talking crap ?

What happened again ? am I the only person thats not getting paid ?

Its not that lol all companies have advertisements its how the advert works. If say me was a nv guy and told you all nvidias real strengths over amd wheres the harm. All big companies advertise end off its how they do it that counts.

For istance most people can spot a troll and a lot of people know exactly the balance and performance of gpu's in a gpu forum. So say for instance somebody like rroff who for me knows how to big up nv's strong points i don't mind . You could say dm does the same for amd on a similar basis they know the strong points of each company. Theres not much in there posts that bring down each company as they each aim for the strong points of amd and nv.

Soldato
Balls, they should be handed their arse in a carry bag and perma banned after a long a lengthy old fashioned OcUk / taking session.

Caporegime
Lol :p

I won't mention any names, but there are at least 2 nvidia and 2 ATI fan boys that I think should be banned from the graphics card forum as it is rather annoying reading there posts, but at the same time I find it quite amusing and sad in some ways :p, and also they know fine well what they are doing, just doing it to provoke a reaction from the others IMO.

Soldato
Passionate enthusiasts are exactly whats needed, start banning them and its time to move on. Its people that have come to spread misinformation and deliberately talk crap (even after they have been proved wrong) need to go IMO

Caporegime
Balls, they should be handed their arse in a carry bag and perma banned after a long a lengthy old fashioned OcUk / taking session.
so why does bigwayne get away with it? have you seen him when hes trying to sell amd cpus or amd graphics cards.

anyway it wasnt people posting wrong information as fact it was people beeing given nvidia hardware for free to people in respected position on forums. , on futuremark they gave stuff to some of the more well known overclockers knowing they would overclock the crap out of it and get a high benchmark result which would then be posted on the forums , people would think ohh look nvidia is faster.

i think nvidia was the first company to put 3dmark optimisations in there drivers aswell

Last edited:
Associate
certainly seeing soem posters ping the same catch phrase type thing - i.e. 'crassfire scales badly' despite direct evident that it no longer does. thats the sort of phrase I understand people get paid to repeat - basically repeat something enough true or not and it will enter into legend.

Associate
and new cards from amd seems to be bringing out co-ordinated pairs of posters who get great prices and wonderfully nvidia/cap amd benchied and reviews right at their finger tips

Back
Top Bottom