• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6970

Associate
Hi , i am looking at this card but notice it has 8 pin and 6 pin power connectors, i only have 4 x 6pin on my power supply, will it come with a 8 to 6 converter.Also anyone know what the overall length of this is, thanks

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sapphire are usually good with adaptors.
I've had an Asus 5870 V2 which takes an 8 Pin, Asus supplied an adaptor with it, likewise on my PowerColour 4870x2.

I'd assume the 6970 from Sapphire is the same.

Although this question may be better served in the CS Pre-Sales.

EDIT : Alternatively, if the card doesn't, you can purchase one from an E-tailer, or a local I.T shop.

Associate
OP
Thats good info , i might just pop up there on Friday and get one, i have the 5850 at the moment and i get 91fps in black ops at 1920 x 1200, so it will be interesting to see what difference it makes.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the comments, just one question , anyone know what HIS are like , i have always had gigabyte,msi or sapphire when buying ati cards, but these look a better price

Back
Top Bottom