Post Christmas Discounts

Associate
Guys,

Preparing to dump some cash on a new TV and possibly a Bluray player, surround sound and stands in RS.

Does anyone know if they do sales after Christmas? Looking at their prices they are a fair amount cheaper than most, so I'm thinking there is little room for further discount?

Does anyone have any historic reference?

TV is the LG 50" plasma 590.

Thanks

Associate
From what I remember they do do Boxing day sales etc, but as you say they are cheap already so they dont tend to do massive discounts. I remember buying my surround setup early december and they gave me 10% off as I was spending so much with them and in the end I didnt feel particularly done over once the sales came by, but wait if you can. No harm.

Hawker

Soldato
Remember there is a VAT rise next month! don't wait 'til after that

If he's spending £1175 it'll cost £1200 next year, nothing to should about.

I'd see whats happening after christmas and haggle, but as you say, they're cheap already, probably want the sale at the moment and I suppose it depends how much you want to watch films at Christmas on your new TV.

Man of Honour
For discounters like RS the deals they do come from manufacturers dumping stock rather than the retailer cutting their margin. In short, if LG/Samsung/Philips/Sony etc screwed up and have a surplus in the New Year then that's the time that RS will scoop up a bargain.

Wait long enough and the model you want will always come down in price, of course.... but there's always a new model following or out with extra features or something new too. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Its very much akin to the PC market. Always something you can't quite afford and when you can a new thing you really want comes out that you can't afford!

Back
Top Bottom