Blue screen diagnosing advice plz

Associate
Hi. I have a Vaio VGN-Z and it's bluescreening on me every time i load it up even in safe mode. Error is Bad Pool Header.

I have done a full recovery from the recovery disks and problem still occurs, so i think it's hardware. Vaio diagnostics is only for ram, cpu and hard idsk and these all pass.

I cannot disable anythign like sound or netowrk in the bios.

And the system starts up fine with a ubuntu live cd.

What would you do next to find the problem? I'm tempted to open it and unlplug things until it works but this laptop is not easy to take apart.

Associate
OP
I've read it and all it says for the "solution" is:
Fixing Blue Screen bad pool header error is easy to do with registry cleaner. If you scan your computer it will detect all the errors in your registry and safely remove them.

This can't be my problem becuase I have just restored windows from the official recovery cds that came with the computer (which also means a fresh registry).

Soldato
Download and run a Memtest boot disk for starters to check your RAM.

*edit: Just seen you run a check on the Memory with the Sony diag software but I would still run Memtest to be certain. Also what sort of temps are you getting? Is it possible the Laptop is Overheating?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
already checked with vaio's diagnostic tools. And I tried running the laptpop with just one of the modules, and then the other, and still happens. So I think the memory is ok.

Back
Top Bottom